Since 1985, Fort Worth Sister Cities has provided international youth trips and exchanges to help students develop deeper cross-cultural mindsets. In 2019, youth exchanges are planned for Budapest, Hungary; Reggio Emilia, Italy; Toluca, Mexico; Trier, Germany; Nîmes, France; Bandung, Indonesia; and Nagaoka, Japan.
Students who are selected will:
- Participate in a U.S. State Department-recognized program.
- Meet city officials in both Fort Worth and the Sister City.
- Volunteer on projects emphasizing global community service.
- Share Texas culture and promote Fort Worth to the world.
- Explore and gain an understanding of different cultures while making lifelong friendships.
Deadline to apply for the 2019 trips is Oct. 19. Scholarships are available.
To learn more, contact Beth Weibel at 817-632-7100.