The global xylitol market experienced a healthy growth over the past few years on account of the increasing usage of xylitol in several food and pharmaceutical products. It has a low glycaemic index and calorie content as well as helps in improving oral health and fighting ear infections.
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol with a crystalline and granular structure, and sweetness comparable to sucrose. Also known as wood sugar, it is derived from xylose which occurs naturally in various fruits and vegetables. Xylitol has around 75% fewer carbohydrates and 40% lesser calories as compared to table sugar. As a result, it is widely used as a sweetener in a variety of sugar-free and low-calorie food products. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Xylitol Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the global xylitol market was worth US$ 823.6 Million in 2017. The report further anticipates the market value to cross US$ 1148.6 Million by 2023, at a projected CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period.
Want more information about this market? Request a free report sample: https://www.imarcgroup.com/request?type=report&id=936&flag=B
Global Xylitol Market Drivers/Constraints:
- Xylitol is widely used in chewing gums and other oral health care products as it prohibits the growth of bacteria, and helps in preventing dry mouth and formation of tooth caries. The surging demand for oral care products represents the major factor contributing towards the market growth.
- Xylitol has a low glycaemic index and is slowly metabolised in the human body, resulting in little or no changes in blood sugar. On account of this, it has been used as a preferred sweetener for diabetics in a number of countries.
- A wide array of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products utilise xylitol as it helps in preventing ear infections, reducing intraocular pressure, healing wounds and clearing nasal passageways. It has also been linked with enhancing immunity, preventing chronic diseases and providing anti-aging benefits.
- Despite the various benefits offered by xylitol, it can lead to side-effects such as gas, bloating and diarrhoea. This hampers the uptake of xylitol among the consumers, thereby hindering the market growth.
Browse Full TOC Report: http://bit.ly/2RQqgwO
On the basis of form, the market has been segmented into solid and liquid xylitol. Solid xylitol is similar to table sugar in form and taste, and can be substituted in a 1:1 ratio for food preparations. Liquid xylitol, on the other hand, is used in nasal and ear sprays for treating infections and dryness.
Based on application, the market has been segregated as chewing gums, confectionery, and pharmaceutical and personal care. Amongst these, chewing gum represents the leading segment on account of surging demand for sugar-free chewing gums worldwide.
Region-wise, the market has been categorised into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Among these, Europe is the leading market for xylitol, accounting for the majority of the share.
Major xylitol manufacturers are increasingly investing in R&D activities so as to develop sustainable and environment-friendly production processes.
Some of the leading players operating in the global xylitol market are:
- Zuchem Inc.
- Mitsubishi Shoji Foodtech
- Thomson Biotech (Xiamen)
Browse Related Report:
Salicylic Acid Market: http://bit.ly/2yFvVgw
Silicones Market: http://bit.ly/2PAEC33
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal