Call 802-658-SNOW for Updates
Burlington, VT – A winter PARKING BAN will go into effect tonight at 10pm to help city crews clear the roads of snow and ice. While most of the snow will be falling overnight and into the morning, be sure to check 802-658-SNOW for updates tomorrow or keep your eye on the lights. Bans are always called by 3PM. Please travel safely and stay warm!
Details on Timing & Enforcement
The ban will be in effect from 10PM tonight – 7AM tomorrow throughout Burlington, except downtown. In the downtown zone the ban is in effect midnight tonight-6AM tomorrow (see the end of this release for streets within the downtown zone enforcement area).
Any vehicles remaining on the street during the parking ban may be issued a $125.00 parking ticket by Burlington Police Parking Enforcement and towed to another location.
● Parking enforcement, tickets, towing: Please call the Burlington Police Department at 802-540-2380 (parking enforcement) or 802-658-2704 (non-emergency dispatch).
● Snow bans, snow removal or parking questions: Please call DPW at 802-863-9094 or enter your maintenance request at SeeClickFix.com
Free parking is available in city-owned garages:
● Starting at 8PM
● Cars must be removed by 8AM when the ban is over to avoid paying the full daily rate
● The following city-owned garages offer this free parking:
○ Marketplace Garage (47 S. Winooski: entrances on Cherry St & Bank St)
○ College St Garage (60 College St: entrances on College St and Battery St) – just off of Battery St
○ Lakeview Garage (41 Cherry St: entrance on Cherry St) – just off of Battery St
● Do not park on the top floor of garages to allow crews to remove snow
● No overnight parking is allowed in any municipal lot (this allows plow access for snow clearing).
● For a map of these city-owned parking locations, please see below or visit our partner site ‘Park Burlington’ to view ALL parking options (including privately owned): https://parkburlington.com/downtown-parking /parking-map/.
By ordinance, Zone F shall include all streets bounded by the following streets:
● The easternmost boundary shall be defined and include South Willard Street from Pearl Street to Maple Street.
● The southernmost boundary shall be defined by and include Maple Street from South Willard Street to South Winooski Avenue, South Winooski Avenue from Maple Street to Adams Street, Adams Street from South Winooski Avenue to St. Paul Street, St. Paul Street from Adams Street to Kilburn Street, and Kilburn Street.
● The westernmost boundary shall be defined by Lake Champlain.
● The northernmost boundary shall be defined by and include Sherman Street; North Champlain Street from Sherman Street to Peru Street; Peru Street; Elmwood Avenue from Peru Street to Grant Street; Grant Street; North Union Street from Grant Street to Pearl Street; and Pearl Street from South Union Street to South Willard Street.