CHARLESTON, S.C. November 19, 2018 – Wild Dunes Resort, a Destination Hotel, and ultimate family vacation destination, is home to spectacular golf courses, tennis, restaurants, children’s programming, Lowcountry adventure activities and unique art workshops. This season, the resort is partnering with the Gibbes Museum of Art to give families the opportunity to experience the ultimate artistic Charleston getaway, coupling a beach vacation with a culturally rich excursion to the museum and choice of three art workshops celebrating Lowcountry heritage and tradition.
The Gibbes Museum of Art Family Getaway package is based on a minimum two night stay for two adults and two children and includes:
- Four tickets to the Gibbes Museum of Art (please call if your group is configured differently than two adults and two children)
- $50 Uber gift card for transportation to and from Wild Dunes Resort to the Gibbes Museum of Art
- Special welcome amenity upon arrival
- Choice from three on-site workshops at Wild Dunes Resort
- Sweetgrass Basket Weaving: Families learn about the prized art-form and time-honored tradition of sweetgrass basket weaving in the Lowcountry and create a beautiful basket to take home
- Indigo Dyeing: Families can celebrate Charleston’s tradition in indigo production and dyeing with a fun hands-on workshop and create a set of napkins or a scarf to take home
- Playing with Fire Ironworking: Led by a local Charleston blacksmith, families can learn the celebrated art form of Lowcountry ironworking and work together to create a commemorative piece to take home.
For more information or to book Wild Dunes Resort’s Gibbes Museum of Art Family Getaway package, please visit www.wilddunes.com or call 844.741.8306.
About Wild Dunes Resort, A Destination Hotel
Nestled on the northern tip of Isle of Palms, a lush barrier island off the coast of South Carolina, Wild Dunes Resort, is located 30 minutes from the charm and grace of historic downtown Charleston. The Resort occupies 1,600 acres of oceanfront paradise with a variety of accommodations ranging from the AAA Four-Diamond Rated Boardwalk Inn and the Village at Wild Dunes to private condos and luxury home vacation rentals. Offering a year-round menu of championship golf, nationally-ranked tennis, award-winning recreation, spa services and restaurant options, Wild Dunes Resort has been distinguished by many publications and associations as a top destination for families, golfers, tennis lovers, and meeting and event planners. Visit Wild Dunes Resort online on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
About Destination Hotels
Destination Hotels is a collection of more than 40 upscale and luxury independent hotels, resorts and residences across North America. Each property is intentionally diverse and true to its location, transcending status quo in fresh, authentic and unforgettable ways. Serving as both the explorer and the guide, Destination ensures a sense of genuine belonging and the chance to encounter life-enhancing discoveries. The award-winning portfolio features 19 renowned golf courses, 18 indigenous spas, and 112 exceptional food and beverage options including bars, restaurants, cafes, and rooftops. Destination Hotels captures the unique essence of each location through authentic experiences, immersive programming and genuine service. For more information, visit www.destinationhotels.com. Follow us on Instagram: @destinationhotels and Twitter: @Destination. Like us on Facebook: DestinationHotels.
About the Gibbes Museum of Art
Home to the Carolina Art Association, established in 1858, the Gibbes Museum of Art is recognized among the oldest arts organizations in the United States. Housing one of the foremost collections of American Art from the 18th century to the present, the museum’s mission is to enhance lives through art by engaging people of every background and experience with art and artists of enduring quality and by providing opportunities to learn, to discover, to enjoy, and to be inspired by the creative process. For more information, visit www.gibbesmuseum.org.