Street closings and parking restrictions will be in effect at select locations in Boston on Saturday, June 29, and Sunday, June 30. People coming into Boston are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
On Saturday, June 29, the following streets in the Financial District will be closed to traffic from 7 AM to 7 PM:
- Congress Street, Milk Street to High Street
- Franklin Street, Pearl Street to Federal Street
On Saturday, June 29, and Sunday, June 30, the following streets in the Financial District will be closed to traffic from 6 AM to 7 PM:
- Water Street, Congress Street to Broad Street
- Kilby Street, Milk Street to State Street
On Sunday, June 29, the Hare Krishna Procession will begin at 12 Noon on Boylston Street at Cambria Street. Up to 500 participants will march on Boylston Street, turn left onto Charles Street, and enter the Boston Common. “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday 6 AM to 2 PM” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Cambria Street, both sides, Boylston Street to St. Cecilia Street
- Boylston Street, even side, St. Cecilia Street to Dalton Street