Thursday, November 22, 2018
Please be advised, a special event permit has been issued for the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot for Thursday, November 22 at 9 a.m. Projected attendance is 40,000 people. Road closures related to this special event will impact traffic around Dallas City Hall and Downtown Dallas.
The following streets will be closed to traffic for event staging on Wednesday, November 21:
- Young Street – All lanes closed between Saint Paul Street and Park Avenue on Wednesday from 6 p.m. until Thursday at 5 p.m.
The streets listed below will be intermittently closed to traffic on Thanksgiving Day from 8 a.m. until noon, while participants pass through. Most streets will close 15 minutes ahead of participants and streets will be reopened as the last participant passes through.
- Young Street – All lanes closed between Griffin Street and Harwood Street on Thursday from 4 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Young/Canton Street – All lanes closed from Akard Street to Hall Street
- Hall Street – All lanes closed from Canton Street to Main Street
- Main Street – All lanes closed from Hall Street to Houston Street
- Market Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Young Street
- Houston Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Reunion Boulevard
- Reunion Boulevard West – All westbound lanes closed to Hotel Drive
- Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel access available at Reunion Boulevard East
- Hotel Street – All northbound lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard to Sports Street
- Dedicated lane available for Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel access
- Reunion Boulevard – All eastbound lanes closed from Hotel Drive to Sports Street
- Sports Street – All northbound lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard to North Drive
- Hyatt Regency Dallas Hotel access provided by DPD Officer
- North Drive – All lanes closed from Sports Street to Hotel Street
- Hotel Street – All lanes closed from Memorial Drive to Reunion Boulevard East
- Houston Street – All southbound lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard East
- Marsalis Avenue/Houston Street Viaduct – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Colorado Boulevard
- Colorado Boulevard – All lanes closed from North Zang to North Marsalis Avenue
- Blaylock Drive – All lanes closed from Colorado Boulevard to East 5th Street
- East 5th Street – All lanes closed from Blaylock Drive to Beckley Avenue
- Beckley Avenue – All lanes closed from East 5th Street to Zang Boulevard
- Zang Boulevard – All northeast lanes closed from Beckley Avenue to Jefferson Street Viaduct
- Jefferson Street Viaduct – All northeast lanes closed from Zang Boulevard to Market Street
- Market Street – All northbound lanes closed from Jefferson Street Viaduct to Young Street
- Young Street – All lanes closed from Market Street to Marilla Street
Please note parking at meters will be restricted from Wednesday, November 21 at 9 a.m. to Thursday, November 22 at 5 p.m. for event staging along the following streets:
- Young Street from Akard Street to Harwood Street
- Browder Street/South Ervay Street from Young Street to Marilla Street
Also, meters along the entire route will be hooded beginning Thursday, November 22 at 3 a.m. and will be removed by 2 p.m. that afternoon.
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Courtney Rayburn at (214)954-0500 orymcaturkeytrot. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at specialevents or by calling (214) 939-2701.