Saturday, October 13, 2018
Please be advised, a special event permit for the Dallas Walk to End Alzheimer’s has been issued for Saturday, October 13. The walk starts at 8:30 a.m. at Dallas City Hall Plaza. Projected attendance is 10,000 people.
Road closures related to this special event will impact traffic around Dallas City Hall, Deep Ellum and surrounding downtown areas. Parking is prohibited along all streets listed below on Saturday, October 13 from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Akard Street from Canton Street to Young Street will be closed to traffic on Saturday, October 13 from 7 – 11:59 a.m. Please use South Griffin Street as a detour.
The following streets will be closed to traffic beginning at 8 a.m. Most streets will close 15 minutes ahead of participants and streets will be reopened as the last participant passes through. All streets pertaining to the walk should be open by 11:59 a.m.
- Young Street – All eastbound lanes closed from Akard Street to Ervay Street
- Young Street – All lanes closed from Ervay Street to Cesar Chavez Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Boulevard – All southbound lanes closed from Jackson Street to Canton Street
- Cesar Chavez Boulevard – All lanes closed from Main Street to Jackson Street
- Canton Street – All lanes closed from Cesar Chavez Boulevard to Malcom X Boulevard
- Malcom X Boulevard – All lanes closed from Canton Street to Main Street
- Main Street – All lanes closed from Malcom X Boulevard to South St. Paul Street
- South St. Paul Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Young Street
- Young Street – All westbound lanes closed from St. Paul Street to Marilla Street
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Brittany Thomas at Brithomas or 214-540-2401. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at specialevents or by calling 214-939-2701.