Saturday, December 1, 2018
Please be advised, a special event the Dallas Holiday Parade is scheduled to occur Saturday, December 1. The parade will start at 10 a.m. and is expected to draw a large crowd of spectators. Road closures related to this special event will impact traffic in the Central Business District.
Dallas Holiday Parade bleacher installation
The construction of bleachers in the parking lanes along Commerce Street will impact traffic and reduce available metered parking beginning Tuesday, November 27. Bleacher construction will break during peak commute times, before 9 a.m. and from 3:30 – 7 p.m., and should not impact interrupt. The following bleacher construction timeline will be followed:
- Tuesday, November 27 – South parking lane of Commerce Street from Lane Street to Saint Paul Street and the north parking lane from Saint Paul Street to Harwood Street
- Wednesday, November 28 – North parking lane of Commerce Street from Murphy Drive to Browder Street
- Thursday, November 29 – North parking lane of Commerce Street from Browder Street to Saint Paul Street
- Friday, November 30 – South parking lane from Saint Paul Street to Harwood Street and the north side of the intersection at Akard Street and Commerce Street will be closed to traffic from 7 p.m. Friday, November 30, through 5 p.m. Saturday, December 1.
All bleachers will be removed, and meters unhooded, by 4 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4.
Dallas Holiday Parade, Saturday, December 1
The following streets will be closed to traffic and parking for parade staging, parade festivities, and dispersal of floats, bands, and buses from 7 a.m. until 1 p.m., on Saturday, Dec. 1:
- Houston Street – All lanes closed from Main Street south across the viaduct
- Market Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Young Street
- Austin Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Wood Street
- Jackson Street – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Lamar Street and from Lamar Street to Griffin Street
- Wood Street – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Lamar Street
- Marilla Street – All lanes closed from Young Street to Akard Street from 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Canton Street – All lanes closed from South Saint Paul Street to Akard Street between 7 a.m. to noon
- Hotel Street – All lanes closed from Memorial to Reunion Boulevard East from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Reunion Boulevard East – All lanes closed from Hotel Street to Houston Street
- Commerce Street – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Harwood Street
- Harwood Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Young Street
- Young Street – All lanes closed from Harwood Street to Field Street
- Akard Street – All lanes closed from Young Street to Canton Street closed from 9 a.m. to noon
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Cassie Collins at (214) 532 – 5463 or cassie. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at specialevents or by calling (214) 939-2701.