Please be advised, a special event, Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade, is scheduled to occur on Sunday, September 16 at 2 p.m. The parade route is on Cedar Springs Road between Wycliff Avenue and Turtle Creek Boulevard. The projected attendance is 30,000 people.
The following streets will be closed during the following times for parade staging, festivities, and dispersal:
- Wycliff Avenue – All eastbound lanes from Maple Avenue to Cedar Springs Road
- Douglas Avenue – All eastbound lanes from Cedar Springs Road to Lemmon Avenue
- Dallas North Tollway at Wycliff Avenue exit – Westbound Wycliff Avenue access only
- Cedar Springs Road – All lanes closed from Wycliff Avenue to Oak Lawn Avenue
- Cedar Springs Road – All lanes closed from Wycliff Avenue to Turtle Creek Boulevard
2 – 5:30 p.m.
- Turtle Creek Boulevard – Westbound lanes closed from Cedar Springs Road to Gillespie
DPD will facilitate intermittent vehicular cross traffic along Oak Lawn Avenue as the crowds and parade floats allow. Cedar Spring Road reopens in stages from the south end as parade disperses, and trash is collected. Cedar Springs Road from Oak Lawn Avenue to Turtle Creek Boulevard will open by 6 p.m. and Cedar Springs Road from Wycliff Avenue to Oak Lawn Avenue will open by 10 p.m.
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Michael Doughman at Dallas Tavern Guild (214) 358-4006 or email at info. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at specialevents or by calling (214) 939-2701.