The Tireless Project will hold its monthly collection of unwanted tires on Saturday, June 29 from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. at Jimax, 2000 W Clark Street, Peoria. This is for city of Peoria residents only. Although the hours of collection are 9:00–11:00 a.m., it may end earlier if the trailer is at capacity (approximately 1,000 tires). If tires are left after the designated hours, a $200 fine for littering will be enforced.
Please note the following restrictions to the drop-off:
- The limit is 20 tires per customer; this is a legal requirement for transporting tires.
- First 10 tires are FREE; there is a $1.00 charge for each tire over 10—CASH ONLY. (Funds will be used for project supplies and neighborhood cleanups.)
- Only city of Peoria residents can participate; no businesses will be allowed.
- Customers must have proof of residency in the form of a driver’s license, state ID OR property tax statement.
- No tires with rims will be accepted.
- Only passenger and truck tires 17″ or less will be accepted; no oversized tires, including agricultural and commercial, will be accepted.
The Tireless Project, initiated in 2015 by Peoria volunteers, successfully collected approximately 3,800 tires in their inaugural year. In July of 2017, JIMAX volunteered to take over the collection. For further information, please contact James Kosner 309.253.0192.