With our colorful sunsets, mountain vistas, and majestic saguaros, Glendale, Arizona is a beautiful city to live, work, and play! Various city departments have partnered to create ‘Team Up to Clean Up,’ an initiative that brings the community together to help keep our city looking clean and green. While Team Up to Clean Up focuses on eliminating litter, it includes other activities such as recycling, water conservation, and neighborhood beautification projects. We invite you to join us for this call to action to improve our quality of life, neighborhoods and environment.
It starts with you! We’re calling all businesses, clubs, faith-based organizations, families, schools – everyone can help make a difference. Take the pledge and help spread the message that you take pride in Glendale!
Want to team up? Here’s what to do:
Step 1: Take the Team Up to Clean Up pledge! There are two ways you can do this.
- You can take the pledge online. Visit www.glendaleaz.com/cleanup and click on ‘Take the pledge.’ This is an online form that you can complete; if you provide your email address, it will send you a copy of it, if you would like one.
- Visit the Team Up to Clean Up booth at the Getting Arizona Involved in Neighborhoods Event (GAIN) on Oct. 27, 2018 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Sahuaro Ranch Park. You can fill out a pledge there, plus you can receive a Team Up to Clean Up “toolkit,” which includes some cool giveaways and helpful items for your clean up project from several city departments. The toolkits are available on a first-come, first-served basis; quantities are limited to one per household.
Step 2: We are asking everyone to do their projects on Nov. 17, which is National Family Volunteer Day. Get together with your group (friends, family, club, classmates, neighbors, etc.) and do something in your community that helps keep Glendale beautiful!
It doesn’t have to be a large-scale project, just as long as it’s something to help make a difference. It could be picking up trash in your neighborhood park, recycling your own household items that you normally put into the trash container, picking up your dog’s waste, among many other things.
Things to remember:
- Make sure you take some photos of yourself/your group in action!
- Be safe. Wear gloves. Don’t pick-up litter that could be hazardous to your health.
Step 3: Post, share, hashtag and enter our contest!
We want to see what you’re doing! And we want all Glendale residents to see the Team Up to Clean Up project underway and get ideas for what they can do, also. So, we are holding a contest and giving away some fun prizes, including prize packs from Dave & Busters and Glendale Glitters. Here’s how you enter:
- Upload your pictures to social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) using the hashtag #cleanupglendale – that’s it, very simple!
- All social media accounts that post/hashtag will be entered if dated by Nov. 17 at 11:59 p.m. The winners will be drawn on or before Nov. 21 and notified via social media.
For more information on Team Up to Clean Up, visit www.glendaleaz.com/cleanup or call the Community Engagement Hotline at 623-930-2663.