StarTran has two special events coming up in April:
- The public can help “Stuff the Bus” April 8 and 9 by donating new items needed by the residents at Friendship Home, a 24-hour emergency shelter for those experiencing domestic violence. StarTran buses and Friendship Home volunteers will be stationed from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. both days at these locations:
– Walmart and Sam’s Club stores- 27th and Superior, 87th and Highway 2
– Walmart stores – 84th and Adams, 27th and Grainger.
Items needed include toilet paper, personal care items, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, pillows, comforters and sheets, kitchenware and non-perishable food items. Cash donations are also accepted. Supporters of this event include Walmart, Sam’s Club, StarTran and Alpha Media’s Lincoln stations: KFRX (106.3 FM), The Eagle-KTGL (92.9 FM), The Blaze-KIBZ (104.1 FM), ESPN-KLMS (1480 AM), KFOR (1240 AM, 103.3 FM) and KZKX (96.9 FM).
- In addition to its regular route service, StarTran will provide Big Red Express shuttle service for the Nebraska spring football gameSaturday, April 15. Buses will pick up and drop off at two locations:
– South side of SouthPointe Pavilions, 27th and Pine Lake
– North Star High School, 5801 N. 33rd St.
Big Red Express service begins two hours before kick-off, and the last buses leave 45 minutes before kickoff. The stadium drop-off and pick-up location is on “R” Street between12th and 14th streets. Buses return to the lots immediately after the game. Cost is $5 each way or $10 round-trip, and exact change is required.