The first Friday night of every month, Historic Downtown St. George transforms into a multi-stage outdoor concert venue and street market. StreetFest celebrates the best of southern Utah with nightlife to get excited about!
ST. GEORGE, UT – There’s no foolin’ the St. George StreetFest’s (SGS) March 2, 2018 debut was a huge hit! SGS has truly become southern Utah’s largest community party. With spring in the air and the Friday, April 6 event right around the corner, this month’s theme is aptly titled “No Foolin’ StreetFest is the Best”. Downtown St. George’s best Friday night event will kick off at 6:00 p.m. at Main Street and Town Square. SGS event organizers invite the community to join the celebration, check out the wonderful new activities and get ready to enjoy some prime time family fun and foolin’ around!
Now in its third season, the event has recently grown to include a third stage, the Sweet Sounds Stage featuring local talent from 6:00-10:00, Chef Hog’s Food Truck Village powered by Tuacahn, Nielson RV Vendor Village and Stapley Family Fun Zone. Of course fan favorites like the Desert Pulse Jazz Garden and Main Street Stage featuring Festival Sounds DJ Dance are back highlighting phenomenal talent this season. The additional attractions have been wildly popular with SGS fans looking for great family entertainment, and April’s event will include even more fabulous fun! Carrie Banker, SGS Executive Director shared, “We are excited to announce that the Stapley Family Fun Zone will include a mechanical bull, an amazing bungee jump trampoline and the National Guard Climbing Wall. Our team won’t stop there either! We are working hard to continue to grow the event and bring our community together.”
John Kessler, Board Chairman was quick to give credit to the new Executive Director for her leadership. “The main reason StreetFest exists for the 2018 season is because Carrie Bunker agreed to take on the monumental task of the Executive Director. Her vision and drive has brought a fresh life to the event which I am very excited to see develop this season. She has a great staff to assist her and many wonderful volunteers backing up the staff. In fact, if someone is interested in volunteering, we would love to have you join us, even if it’s just for one event.”
Developing the program to include new elements has been key to the success the new team has seen. To continue on this exciting trajectory event organizers are also interested in creating partnerships and collaborations that benefit the event, its stakeholders and impact the community as well. “We truly strive to have St. George StreetFest be about our community. The opportunity to highlight local businesses, local entertainment and good, clean family fun is very impactful to all of us. ”
What should we expect for the April event? “A great time!!” says Bunker. “The Raven Cain Band will be in concert. Attendees will be able to see them like they’ve never seen them before! They are bringing their full production concert performance to the Main Street Stage for a high-energy night of spectacular music and magical memories.”
The excitement of the event is truly infectious! Kessler said that part of the tremendous success of the event is because of the wonderful support they have received. “We especially want to thank our sponsors, without their financial help this event would not be possible. Of course, we are still in need of a few more sponsors. St. George City has been a stellar support since the beginning three years ago.”
St. George StreetFest is brought to you by and in appreciation of our many generous sponsors including: Canyon Media, The Independent, Stapley Pharmacy, Nielson RV, Red Door Dental, Desert Pulse, Green Gate Village, Stone Canyon Eye Care, SkyWest Airlines, Chef Hog, Tuachan, IG Winery, Zion Brewery, National Guard, Festival Sound, Sweet Tooth Fairy, St. George Events & Occasions, and the City of St. George.
Only a fool would miss this first Friday festival’s great attractions:
- Desert Pulse Jazz Garden at Green Gate Village features Jazz musicians the first hour and high quality bands the remainder of the night, dancing, beer and wine. $5 cover charge.
- Stapley Family Fun Zone featuring jump houses, obstacle course, ultimate ping pong, pottery, crafts and the National Guard Climbing Wall. $5 per wrist band
- Nielson RV Vendor Village featuring over 30 arts and crafts vendors and retail merchants, tour RV’s and Campers and get First Friday discounts! 6-9pm
- Red Door Dental Face Painting
- Stone Canyon Eye Care Interactive mirror photo booth
- Chef Hog’s Food Truck Village powered by Tuacahn: Featuring food trucks and more! 6-10pm
- Main Street Stage and Vendors: Quality family entertainment and music from 6-10pm followed by Festival Sounds DJ dance party from 9 – 10p.
- Sweet Sounds Stage on Tabernacle: brought to you by Sweet Tooth Fairy and Independent Newspaper featuring local talent from 6-10pm
- Other activities: Trampoline bungee, mechanical bull, magician, hip hop dancers, vocal talent, karaoke
- Vendor opportunities are still available by visiting the website at stgeorgeStreetFest.com/vendor
No Foolin’ StreetFest is the Best April 6, 2018 Featured Entertainment:
Sweet Tooth Fairy and The Independent Sweet Sounds Stage on Tabernacle:
- 6pm-6:30pm– Clinton Norman
- 6:30-7:00pm- Bailey Carter
- 7pm-8pm- Red Rock Strings
- 8pm-8:30pm- Even Stevens Super Star
- 8:30-9:00pm- Jim Sevey’s Jazz Band
Main Street Stage:
- 6pm- Even Stevens Super Star
- 7pm- Raven Cain Band
- 9pm- Festival Sounds DJ Dance Party
Desert Pulse Jazz Garden at Green Gate Village:
- 6pm- Dixie Jazz Quartet
- 7pm- Even Stevens Super Star
- 7:30pm- Eli A
- 8:30pm- Mason Cottom Band
Upcoming Event Dates/Themes:
May 4- Cinco de Mayo and Iron StreetFest
June 1 – Moonlight Madness and Glow Run
July 6- Independence Day celebration and fireworks
August 3- Islands Celebration and Luau
September 7 – Cowboy Country Jam
October 5– Oktoberfest and Art Show
Contact: Carrie Bunker, Executive Director , St. George StreetFest
About St. George StreetFest
St. George StreetFest (SGS), formerly known as Georgefest is a non-profit organization under the A.R.T.S umbrella. SGS is designed to revitalize the heart of Downtown St. George and make it a destination for residents and tourists. SGS showcases downtown businesses, local arts, vendors, and food and provides quality activities and entertainment for all ages. The event takes place the first Friday of the month from March through October on Main Street and Town Square in Downtown St. George. SGS provides a consistent, clean, safe, outdoor nightlife experience for the entire community. Board of Directors: John Kessler – Chairman of the Board; Shayne Durrant; Tanisha “TK” Randal and Darren Edwards.