POCATELLO – The Idaho State University Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, ISU Housing and the Gender Resource Center will host a Sexual Assault Awareness Week Jan 22-27.
• Monday, Jan. 22 – Participants can come to Rendezvous Complex or the Pond Student Union to sign a pledge against sexual assault and physical violence. The banner will be hung up all week. At 7 p.m., a Sex in the Dark presentation will take place in the Rendezvous Planetarium, Room 203. At the presentation, professionals will answer anonymously submitted questions about gender, sexual conduct, the reproductive system and any other questions.
• Tuesday, Jan. 23 – From 2 to 5 p.m. there will be Green Dot Training in the North Fork Room in the Pond Student Union. This is bystander training against bullying, violence, and/or sexual assault. Please RSVP to richstep by Wednesday, Jan. 17.
• Wednesday, Jan. 24 – At 4 p.m. there will be a march against sexual assault from Reed Gym to Davis Field. The march will end with ribbon tying at Davis Field.
• Thursday, Jan. 25 – At 7 p.m. Brenda Tracy, a rape survivor, will speak about her experience. Learn more at www.brendatracy.com. Her presentation will be held in the Pond Student Union Ballroom.
Sexual Assault Awareness Week will continue at the following sporting events as the athletes devote the week’s games to promoting awareness of sexual assault and physical violence. Participants are encouraged to wear teal and purple at the following events:
• Thursday, Jan. 25 – Men’s Tennis vs. Lewis-Clark State College at 10 a.m. in Reed Gym.
• Friday, Jan. 26 – Men’s Tennis vs. Southern Utah University at 10 a.m. in Reed Gym.
• Saturday, Jan. 27 – Men’s Basketball vs. Weber State University at 7 p.m. in Holt Arena.
For questions, please contact Erik Nakken, co-president of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, at nakkerik.