[delay +1 hour]
Reno, Nevada (September 27, 2018) – The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Washoe County will change its transit fares and implement minor adjustments to weekday schedules beginning Saturday, October 6. The changes include lower prices on some bus passes and fares as part of the RTC’s initiative to spur new ridership and provide passengers with reliable and on-time service.
“This is a system-wide service change to improve transit schedules and all routes will be enhanced,” said RTC Director of Public Transportation and Operations David Jickling. “Although these are minor schedule adjustments, we encourage our transit riders to check their routes to see the changes at rtcwashoe.com, or by calling 775-348-RIDE.”
Transit riders can recycle their old RTC Bus Book by trading it in for a free new RTC Bus Book at Customer Service offices at RTC 4TH STREET STATION and RTC CENTENNIAL PLAZA starting on Friday, September 28. The new RTC Bus Book is also available online.
Transit riders will see new bus stop signs and materials start to go up around the community starting on Thursday, September 27. Even though new signs will be up, the changes will not go into effect until Saturday, October 6.
Some of the changes include weekday schedule changes and the renaming of the RTC INTERCITY service to REGIONAL CONNECTOR with service to and from Carson City. INTERCITY passes will still be valid on the REGIONAL CONNECTOR. The RTC’s new Lincoln Line service along the 4th Street/Prater Way corridor will also begin in October. Passengers are encouraged to check the schedule online.
Transit fare changes:
– The 24-Hour Pass will change to a Day Pass. Prices will be reduced from $5.00 to $3.00 (regular fare) and $2.50 to $1.50 (reduced fare). Day Passes will expire at midnight of the same day of activation.
– Transfers will be eliminated.
– The 7-Day Pass price will be reduced from $19.50 to $14.50 (regular fare) and $9.75 to $6.00 (reduced fare).
– The 31-Day Disabled Pass fare will be $32.50.
– The fare for a single trip for individuals with disabilities will decrease from $1.00 to $0.75. The fare for a single trip for an ACCESS ID holder will change from $0.50 to $0.75.
– See new transit fares at: https://www.rtcwashoe.com/public-transportation/fares/.
The RTC also lowered fares for Veterans and more seniors (ages 60+) on September 4, 2018. For more information, visit rtcwashoe.com.