400+ agency members, insurance carriers and vendors gather to
chart future course
WELLESLEY, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#insurance—Renaissance
Alliance Insurance Services (RAIS), New England’s premier membership
alliance for independent insurance agencies, marked growth and
achievements at its recent Annual Meeting in Newport, RI. Meeting
attendees included more than 400 insurance agency members, insurance
company executives, service partners and staff. The two-day meeting
encompassed networking and breakout sessions, kiosks, demos and
interactive sessions in the Carrier & Vendor Pavilion.
In keynote remarks, Renaissance Alliance President J. Bruce Cochrane
noted the significance of the Long Arc capital investment to expedite
growth plans and fund key technology initiatives. In addition, he
introduced three new members of the executive team who joined from Long
- Kevin Callahan, Executive Chairman
- Robert A. Bondi, Chief Agency Growth Officer
- Michael Freilich, Chief Technology Officer
Of the new executive team members, Cochrane notes that tripling of the
executive team affords the Alliance the management bandwidth and
additional world class expertise to expedite growth capabilities of
Alliance member agencies. Also joining the senior management team:
- Leanne Ross, Senior Vice President, New Member Sales. Ross was
recently CEO of Ivy Ladder and previously regional sales executive
with The Hartford. Her mission will be to work with the executive team
to grow membership in the Alliance.
Among the upcoming agency growth initiatives will be the development of
a team of Agency Success Coaches, a buildout of technology initiatives
and conversion of data into actionable agency-specific growth
strategies. RAIS is also planning geographic expansion in 2019.
Among the prior year’s benchmarks celebrated by Renaissance Alliance
members at the meeting:
- Premium under management for 2018 is projected at more than $600
- Renaissance partners with 45 premier insurance companies.
- Agency members grew an average of 7.5% over the past year, more than
doubling the national average growth of 3%. High performing members
grew by an average of 17%.
- Ten agencies have more than doubled their premium in the past five
- More than 90 agencies and their subsidiaries now span 5 states: CT,
MA, NH, NY and RI.
- 4 new member agencies joined in recent months:
- Dougherty Insurance Agency, Inc., Stratford, CT
- E.F. Bishop, Providence, RI
- The Marcucilli Agency, Inc., Bethel, CT
- Universal Insurance Agency, Worcester, MA
- 4 agencies reached a 15-year Renaissance Alliance membership milestone:
- Blackmer Insurance Agency, Inc., Shelburne, MA
- Cornerstone Agency, Athol, MA
- Leonard Insurance Agency, Inc., Osterville, MA
- Mancuso-Nowak Insurance Agency, Inc., Shrewsbury, MA
About Renaissance Alliance
Founded in 1999, Renaissance Alliance is a membership alliance for
independent agencies specialized in property and casualty insurance.
Renaissance Alliance provides its members with higher commissions,
access to more carriers, products, and markets, and a set of services
that lead to higher growth and profitability. For more information: www.renaissanceins.com