PITTSBURGH–(BUSINESS WIRE)–PPG (NYSE:PPG) today announced the completion of 11 COLORFUL COMMUNITIES® projects in the first half of 2019 that helped create bright and colorful spaces across the U.S.
“At PPG, our goal is to enhance, protect and beautify neighborhoods in the communities where the company has a presence,” said Malesia Dunn, executive director, corporate global social responsibility and PPG Foundation. “We are proud of the positive impact that our paint products and dedicated employee volunteers have made so far this year at locations across the U.S., adding to our tally of more than 235 projects completed globally since the program’s launch in 2015.”
The Colorful Communities project recipients in the U.S. were:
- Fiesta Schoolyards Project in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – More than 40 volunteers from PPG’s architectural coatings business, Fiesta Schoolyard and the Lindy Foundation, which is operated by a PPG customer, spent a half day transforming the Ellwood Elementary School outdoor area into a dynamic space for play, learning and community life. The PPG Foundation provided a $2,500 grant to the Lindy Foundation to help continue beautifying schoolyards through the addition of educational games, gardens and playground equipment.
- Bothell American Legion Post #127 in Woodinville, Washington – Around 10 PPG volunteers spent a half day revitalizing the interior portion of Post 127, which is used by more than 150 former and current military service members and community residents.
- Willow Creek Salmon Hatchery and Aquatic Education Center in Woodinville, Washington – Around 10 PPG volunteers spent the day transforming a classroom within this Sound Salmon Solution facility. The organization supports salmon recovery through interactive education, hands-on stewardship and state-of-the-art habitat restoration.
- City Mission – Living Stones, Inc. in Uniontown, Pennsylvania – Several members of PPG’s leadership team and their spouses spent a half-day revitalizing this shelter for homeless women and children in Fayette County. The facility was also supported with a $2,500 grant from the PPG Foundation.
- Dwelling in the Secret Place in Norwalk, California – Approximately 30 volunteers from PPG and THE HOME DEPOT® spent a day staining wooden fencing at this transitional, sober-living home that offers room and board to women ages 18 to 30.
- Mendenhall Middle School in Greensboro, North Carolina – Around 15 PPG volunteers spent a day painting classrooms to provide colorful learning environments for the more than 300 students who attend the middle school.
- Anna M. Sample House Complex in Camden, New Jersey – Approximately 10 volunteers from PPG and AeroCoat Source, LLC, a PPG customer, spent a half day revitalizing a child enrichment room within this VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA® Delaware Valley facility. The organization provides service-enriched emergency housing to women, children and families experiencing homelessness.
Additional U.S. projects included Booker T. Washington High School in Miami, Florida; St. Jude’s Ranch for Children Texas in San Antonio, Texas; U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama; and INFINITY Science Center in Pearlington, Mississippi.
The Colorful Communities program, PPG’s signature initiative for supporting communities, aims to protect and beautify the neighborhoods where PPG operates around the world. Through the Colorful Communities program, PPG’s committed volunteers contribute their time and PPG paint products to help transform community assets – from painting classrooms, to bringing color to a maternity ward and redesigning a playground. Since 2015, PPG has completed more than 235 Colorful Communities projects, impacting more than 5.3 million people in 36 countries.
PPG’s global community engagement efforts and the PPG Foundation aim to bring color and brightness to PPG communities around the world. We invested more than $9 million in 2018, supporting hundreds of organizations across 28 countries. By investing in educational opportunities, we help grow today’s skilled workforce and develop tomorrow’s innovators in fields related to coatings and manufacturing. Plus, we empower PPG employees to multiply their impact for causes that are important to them by supporting their volunteer efforts and charitable giving. Learn more at www.ppgcommunities.com.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
At PPG (NYSE:PPG), we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and specialty materials that our customers have trusted for more than 135 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries and reported net sales of $15.4 billion in 2018. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com.
We protect and beautify the world is a trademark and Colorful Communities and the PPG Logo are registered trademarks of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.
The Home Depot is a registered trademark of Homer TLC, Inc. and is used under license.
Volunteers of America Delaware Valley is a registered trademark of Volunteers of America, Inc.
PPG Media Contacts: