Please be advised, a special event permit for LifeWalk 2018 on Sunday, October 7, has been issued by the City of Dallas Office of Special Events. The walk starts at 1 p.m. at Oak Lawn Park, 3333 Turtle Creek Blvd. Projected attendance is 1,800 people.
Road closures related to this special event will impact traffic around Oak Lawn Park, and the surrounding areas. Parking is prohibited along all streets listed below on Sunday, October 1 from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The run/walk will require partial and full closures starting at 1 p.m. and/or 15 minutes ahead of participants. All streets pertaining to the run/walk should be open by 2:30 p.m.
- Turtle Creek Boulevard – All northbound and southbound lanes closed at the Lemmon Avenue intersection at 1 p.m. until all walkers have passed through
- Turtle Creek Boulevard – All northbound lanes closed from Lemmon Avenue to Avondale Avenue
- Avondale Avenue – One northbound lane closed from Turtle Creek Boulevard to North Fitzhugh Avenue
- Fitzhugh Avenue – One eastbound lane closed from Avondale Avenue to Cole Avenue
- Cole Avenue – One southbound lane closed from Fitzhugh Avenue to Lemmon Avenue
- Carlisle Street – One southbound lane closed from Lemmon Avenue to Cedar Springs Road
- Cedar Springs Road – One northbound lane closed from Carlisle Street to Turtle Creek Boulevard
- Turtle Creek Boulevard – One northbound lane closed from Cedar Springs Road to North Hall Street
- Hall Street – One lane closed from Turtle Creek Boulevard into the park entrance
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Terry Walker at (214) 926 – 1489. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at specialevents or by calling (214) 939-2701.