NEW ORLEANS – The New Orleans Recreation Development Commission (NORDC) is encouraging individuals, organizations or other entities in New Orleans to partner with NORDC to provide programs to the community for the fall of 2017. Providers can apply to host programs at any of its recreation centers, parks or playgrounds at no cost. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, April 17, 2017 by 5 p.m.
This application round is for programming scheduled between August and December of 2017. NORDC is prioritizing partners for the following types of programs serving youth, teens, adults and seniors, and special needs however, all applicants are welcome:
- After School Programs (Academic and Enrichment)
- Special Needs Programs (Athletics and Enrichment)
- Cultural Arts (Drumming, Dance, Sewing, Crafts, Mardi Gras Beading, Costuming, Theater)
- Fitness (Yoga, Zumba, Aerobics, Line Dancing, Cross Fit, Gymnastics)
Once the application is approved, the provider will be required to enter into a cooperative endeavor agreement (CEA) with the City of New Orleans prior to program implementation.
Programming Partners for Milne NOLA for Life Center
NORDC is also seeking programming partners for the newly-renovated NORD Milne NOLA FOR LIFE Center (5420 Franklin Ave.) The NORD Milne NOLA FOR LIFE Center serves as a central location for youth to participate in programming for Mayor Landrieu’s murder reduction strategy, NOLA FOR LIFE. NORDC seeks to partner with organizations that provide the following programming below:
- Reduce risk of involvement in violence among youth, promote pro-social behavior and/or build strong peer and positive adult relationships among youth
While the primary purpose of the NORD Milne NOLA FOR LIFE Center is to serve New Orleans youth, the goal is to use the space to provide diverse programming to the entire Gentilly community. Applications from interested organizations serving all populations will be accepted.
Technical Assistance Workshop for Interested Applicants
NORDC will host technical assistance workshops on Wednesday, April 5th and Friday, April 7th for individuals who have questions or need assistance with completing the application. Representatives from NORDC will be on hand to review the application in detail, discuss the timeline and provide an overview of the required documents in preparation for the execution of the CEA.
The workshops will be held at the following locations:
- Wednesday, April 5th at St. Bernard Recreation Center (1500 Lafreniere St., New Orleans, La 70122) from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 7th at NORD Milne Recreation Center (5420 Franklin Ave., New Orleans, La, 70122) from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
To submit an application, email [email protected]
For questions about the application or the submission process, email [email protected].