[delay +1 hour]
The New Orleans Recreation Development (NORD) Commission is seeking programmatic partners for the 2019 NORD Summer Camp Session. Summer Camp Partnership applications are for organizations interested in providing youth camp programming, teen career camp programming, or as a specialized service provider for NORD summer camps which are open to residents of the City of New Orleans. If an applicant is approved, the organization will be required to enter into a Cooperative Endeavor Agreement (CEA) with the City of New Orleans/NORD prior to youth summer and/or teen career camp program or service provider implementation.
The Summer Camp Partnership application provides organizations the option to operate a traditional or specialty summer youth or teen career camp, or function as a service provider for other NORD summer camps. Specialty youth or teen career camps are expected to utilize a curriculum predominately focused on a specified discipline such as early learning (4-6 years old), theater, dance, tennis, basketball, or other interest area. Applicants interested in providing an inclusive summer camp experience for youth and teens with special needs are encouraged to apply.
The following information outlines the requirements for the three (3) different summer camp partnership types.
Youth Camp requirements
- Provide summer camp services to youth ages 4-12 years old; and
- In some cases, organizations may have a specialty camp that offers a curriculum with a specific discipline such as a theatre, dance, tennis, early learning (4-6 year olds), etc.
Teen Career Camp requirements
- Provide career camp services to teens ages 13-16 years old; and
- Incorporate a career day, college day, weekly guest speakers from the workforce, and a resume writing workshop.
Service provider requirements
- Provide a cultural, academic, or recreational enrichment service to NORD youth and/or teen camps such as financial literacy, life skills, academic games, physical/mental health, spoken word, play therapy, karate, STEM, visual and performing arts.
Mandatory Technical Assistance Workshop for All Applicants
All interested summer applicants must attend one of the four (4) technical assistance workshops hosted by NORD on October 4th, October 10th, October 16th, or October 18th. This workshop will review partnership expectations, application requirements, and discuss in detail the partnership timeline, funding structure and required application, partnership and CEA documents.
The workshops will be held as follows:
|Oct.4, 2018||TA Workshop|
5:30pm – 7:30pm
1120 S. Broad Street
Rosenwald Rec Center (Multi-purpose room)
|Oct. 10, 2018||TA Workshop|
10:00am – 12:00pm
2529 General Meyer Ave.
Behrman Rec Center (2nd Floor Multi- purpose room)
|Oct. 16, 2018||TA Workshop|
10:00am – 12:00pm
5601 Read Blvd.
Joe W. Brown Rec Center (Teen Center/ Media Room)
|Oct. 18, 2018||TA Workshop|
5:30pm – 7:30pm
1001 Harrison Ave.
Gernon Brown Rec Center (Multi-purpose room)
The deadline for application submission is Friday, October 26, 2018 by 5:00 PM. Applications can be submitted in one of the following ways:
Completed applications for consideration may be submitted as follows:
- Via email to NORDCContracts; or
- In person: Attention – Revenue & Contracts Manager at the NORD Administrative Office, 5420 Franklin Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana 70122
Any and all questions related to this application and/or the submission process must be submitted in writing via email to NORDCContracts.
Application reference documents and application materials: