NEW ORLEANS – Members of the NOPD’s Tactical Intelligence Gathering and Enforcement Response (TIGER) Unit have arrested Donny Maxwell (DOB: 09-19-2000) in connection with multiple auto thefts and auto burglary incidents in the Fourth District.
Maxwell was arrested after being found in possession of two automobiles reported as stolen in incidents reported in the 0 block of Five Oaks Drive on September 28, 2018 and in the 1000 block of Alix Street on September 29, 2018.
Maxwell was also booked and charged in eight vehicle burglary incidents which were reportedly committed between the hours of 12:45 a.m. and 1:15 a.m. on October 3, 2018 in the following locations:
- 2600 block of Comet Street (two incidents)
- 2700 block of Comet Street (two incidents)
- 2700 block of Gallinghouse Street
- 4400 block of Vixen Street
- 2300 block of Prancer Street
- 3200 block of Idaho Street
As investigation progressed, NOPD Fourth District detectives and NOPD TIGER Uunit detectives were able to determine Maxwell to be involved in each of the incidents and obtained warrants for his arrest.
Maxwell was located on October 9, 2018, in the 3000 block of Copernicus Street, where he was arrested by TIGER Unit officers. He was booked into the Orleans Parish Justice Center for eight counts of simple criminal damage to property, eight counts of simple burglary, one count of attempted simple burglary, three counts of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, two counts of illegal possession of a stolen automobile and one count of simple burglary.
In addition, three other subjects were developed as having responsibility in these incidents. These suspects have been arrested and booked in connection to the stolen vehicles and burglaries. They include:
- Kenneth McMillan (DOB: 05-08-2001), charged with simple burglary in the Idaho Street incident and illegal possession of stolen things in the Five Oaks Drive incident.
- A 16-year-old juvenile male, charged with simple burglary in the Idaho Street incident and illegal possession of stolen things in the Five Oaks Drive incident.
- A 14-year-old juvenile male, charged with illegal possession of stolen things and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in the Five Oaks Drive incident.
Anyone with information on any of these incidents is asked to contact NOPD Fourth District detectives at 504-658-6040