Global Non-lethal Weapons Market is estimated to reach $6 billion by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2016 to 2024. Non-lethal weapons are tactical weapons used to spot temporary damage to a person or group without causing serious injury. These weapons are majorly used by military and law enforcement agencies, to control contingent situations. It provides better accuracy than the conventional weapons and help reducing collateral damage. Various types of non-lethal weapons, operating on different technologies such as mechanical and kinetic, chemicals, electrical and radiation and others have arrived in the market.
Increased demand for crowd control weapons, adoption of technologically enhanced product developments, and increasing military expenditure by countries are the major factors driving the global non-lethal weapons market. Moreover, deployment of military in non-combat zones has also fuelled the market growth. However, high price of these weapons is expected to restrain the market growth. Advancement in various scientific fields, such as chemicals, electronics, electromagnetic, computers and acoustics would provide several growth opportunities for the market in coming years.
The global non-lethal weapons market is bifurcated by products, technology, and application. By product, the global non-lethal market is further segmented into directed energy weapons, conducted energy weapons, gases and sprays, water weapons, and explosives. By technology, the market is segmented as mechanical and kinetic, chemical, acoustics, electromagnetic, and others. By application, the market is categorized into military, law enforcement agencies, and civilians. By product type, explosives accounted for the largest market share in 2016, and are anticipated to continue its dominance during the forecast period 2016-2022. Mechanical and kinetic dominated the technology segment in 2016.
Based on geography, the global non-lethal weapons market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW. The U.S., Mexico and Canada are covered under North America wherein Europe covers France, Germany, UK, Spain, Italy, Russia, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, Oceanic, and others. Rest of the World (RoW) covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
Major companies operating in this market are The Raytheon Company, Condor Non-Lethal Technologies, Herstal SA, BAE Systems Plc, The Boeing Company, TASER International Inc., Lamperd Less Lethal, Inc., LRAD Corporation, General Dynamics, and Combined Systems Inc. among others.
The key takeaways from the report
* The report will provide detailed analysis of Non-Lethal Weapons Market with respect to major segments such as products type, technology type, and application type
* The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
* Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities is included in the report
* An exhaustive regional analysis of Non-Lethal Weapons Market will be provided in the report
* Profile of the key players in the Non-Lethal Weapons Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Related Reports: Weapons Market Research Reports