Fans encouraged to plan ahead, arrive early and stay late!
Glendale, Ariz. – The Glendale Traffic Management Center is advising NCAA Division Men’s Basketball fans and drivers in the West Valley about heavy traffic April 1-3, 2017 associated with the 2017 NCAA Final Four playoff tournament at the University of Phoenix Stadium. Impacted areas will include Interstate 10, Loop 101 between Camelback Rd and Northern Avenue, and all major surface streets in the vicinity of the stadium.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Real-time traffic updates will be provided via Twitter @GlendaleAzPD using the hashtags #glendaletraffic and #finalfour. Fans can also call 511 for the latest updated traffic information and real-time updates will be broadcast on multiple dynamic messaging signs. For the most enjoyable experience, fans planning to attend the events are encouraged to:
- PLAN AHEAD – Know where you are going to park and follow the routing maps on your parking pass or online (DO NOT USE GPS).
- ARRIVE EARLY – Avoid sitting in traffic, there are plenty of activities to enjoy before the games including the Infiniti Tipoff Tailgate, fun interactive games on the Waterdance Plaza, shopping at Tanger Outlets or watching live ESPN coverage from Westgate’s Fountain Park.
- STAY AFTER – Stay after the game to enjoy over 20 bars and restaurants in Westgate Entertainment District.
Temporary Road Closures
- 95th Ave. in front of the stadium between Bethany Home Rd. and Maryland Ave. (Mar. 26-Apr. 4)
- Maryland Ave.: 95th Ave.-93rd Ave. (Apr. 1-3)
Additional Traffic Information
- Fans should be alert to pedestrians in walkways and crosswalks, drive safely and obey all temporary traffic signage; in some areas, there are multiple turn lanes (dual rights or dual lefts) to load and unload parking lots faster.
- Pre-purchasing a parking pass is highly encouraged to improve traffic flow into the parking lots. Passes can be purchased online atwww.parkingjuju.com (see below for details). Follow directions on the back of the parking pass for quickest access to the parking lot and do not rely on GPS for parking lots.
- If you do not have a parking pass, follow directions on the dynamic message signs over the freeways and roadways for quickest access to less congested parking lots. Patrons without a parking pass should plan on exiting Loop 101 at either the Camelback Rd or Northern Avenue exits.
- The Bethany Home Road Exit is designated for Shuttle Busses, Limos, RVs, Rideshares, and Taxis only. The staging area for drop-off/pick-up is located at the southwest corner of 95th Avenue and Bethany Home Road, south of the stadium’s Gate 1 entrance.
- Parking in undesignated areas or on residential streets is strictly prohibited. Event traffic must use arterial streets to access the area. Neighborhood street access is restricted to local traffic only.
- Fans, rideshare, taxi and limo drivers can download parking maps at www.universityofphoenixstadium.com
- Vehicles may be subject to search. Please plan accordingly.
University Of Phoenix Stadium Parking Lot Gate Opening and Event Times
Semifinal Games, Saturday, April 1
- Parking Lots Open: 10:30 a.m.
- Tipoff Tailgate Opens: 11:30 a.m.
- Stadium Gates Open: 1 p.m.
- Game 1 Tipoff: 3:09 p.m.
- Game 2 Tipoff: 40 minutes after Game 1 ends (approximately 6 p.m.)
Championship Game, Monday, April 3
- Parking Lots Open: 1 p.m.
- Tipoff Tailgate Opens: 2 p.m.
- Stadium Gates Open: 4 p.m.
- Game Tipoff: 6:19 p.m.
NCAA security protocols strictly limit the size and type of permitted bags. Acceptable bags include a clear plastic bag (sized 12” x 6” x 12”); a one-gallon plastic freezer bag; or a clutch (with either a shoulder or wrist strap) no larger than 5.5” x 8.5”. All fans will be subject to security screening including metal detection. For more information, and a full list of prohibited items, please refer to the Fan Security Guide found at www.universityofphoenixstadium.com/.
Final Four Tournament Parking
University of Phoenix Stadium parking passes for each game day (April 1 and 3) may be pre-purchased at www.parkingjuju.com. Parking for Final Four Friday (March 31) is free. Pre-paid parking passes may be printed at home or scanned from a smartphone at lot entrances. A limited number of event day parking passes will be available for sale, cash or credit card, in stadium-controlled lots. Stadium parking lots open at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, April 1, and at 1 p.m. on Monday, April 3.
- General Parking: $40
- Preferred Parking: $50
- RV parking: $150
- Limos or Oversized Sedans: $75
- Bus or RV: $150
For more information, visit: