TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) announced today that it will exhibit a range of cutting-edge technologies and products at CEATEC JAPAN 2016 at the Makuhari Messe exhibition complex in Chiba, Japan from October 4 to 7. The exhibit will be located at Booth No. 1S27 in the “Community Area” of Hall 1.
“Connecting our inter-connected society to the future—Mitsubishi Electric’s advanced technologies that contribute to the realization of a prosperous society”
- Under the theme of “Connecting our inter-connected society to the future—Mitsubishi Electric’s advanced technologies that contribute to the realization of a prosperous society,” the company will present cutting-edge technologies and products, with multiple exhibits that allow visitors to learn about various innovations hands-on.
- Mitsubishi Electric will introduce its latest products and technologies that support the society of the future, with a focus on IoT technology deployed in areas such as residence, manufacturing plants, transportation and other aspects of society. Individual demonstrations will include a user interface for voice-activated drawing, aimed at helping people transcend hearing impairment or communicate in foreign languages, and the DIAPLANET TOWNEMS cloud service offering efficient urban lifestyle energy management.
- User interface for voice-activated drawing with hands-on demonstration of spoken words displayed along where a finger is traced on a tablet screen.
- TV demonstration showing how DIAPLANET TOWNEMS will connect various devices and services to enable more comfortable lifestyles and community-wide energy saving. A DIAPLANET TOWNEMS case study, launched as part of the ZUTTOCITY initiative in Tsukaguchi, Hyogo Prefecture, will be shown.
- Demonstration of a high-precision air-quality sensor that alerts to the presence of PM2.5 microscopic air pollutants.
- Introduction of the e-F@ctory concept, the company’s integrated factory automation solution that helps reduce the cost of developing, manufacturing and maintaining products.
- Demonstration of the company’s new maintenance and diagnosis service targeting laser-processing machines for cutting sheet metal, utilizing IoT to demonstrate the operational status of the machines on a tablet.
- Introduction of high-tech railway energy management solutions, which allow greener railway operation by linking trains with ground-based systems.
- Demonstration of next-generation driving-assistance technologies featuring a hands-on 3D head-up display, human machine interface demonstration using a multi-bonding display, and a demonstration on driver sensing technology that enables cars to detect the status of the driver.
Safe and secure infrastructure
- Demonstration of 3D-measurement data processing for maintenance and management of social infrastructures using the company’s high-performance sensor database, delivering up to 1,000 times faster performance in storage, searches and data aggregation compared to conventional databases.
- Demonstration of 3D reconstruction technology for remodeling indoor spaces through the wearing of a 3D sensor device.
About Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
With over 90 years of experience in providing reliable, high-quality products, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) is a recognized world leader in the manufacture, marketing and sales of electrical and electronic equipment used in information processing and communications, space development and satellite communications, consumer electronics, industrial technology, energy, transportation and building equipment. Embracing the spirit of its corporate statement, Changes for the Better, and its environmental statement, Eco Changes, Mitsubishi Electric endeavors to be a global, leading green company, enriching society with technology. The company recorded consolidated group sales of 4,394.3 billion yen (US$ 38.8 billion*) in the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information visit: www.MitsubishiElectric.com
*At an exchange rate of 113 yen to the US dollar, the rate given by the Tokyo Foreign Exchange Market on March 31, 2016
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Corporate Advertising Division
Yurika Fujimoto, +81-3-3218-3380
Public Relations Division
(c)2016 Business Wire, Inc. – All rights reserved.