Seattle residents are encouraged to apply to the Master Composter and Sustainability Stewards course, a program offered through a partnership with SPU and Tilth Alliance.
This five-week, nine-session volunteer training program will strengthen your knowledge and prepare you to provide community outreach with a lasting impact on our environment.
The training course covers the following topics:
- improving soil health and building soil life
- understanding the small-scale composting process
- using finished compost
- preventing waste
- sorting your compostables and recyclables
- managing stormwater and protecting water quality
- teaching others about composting and resource conservation practices
Class Dates & Times
The training is a five-week (9 sessions) in-depth educational experience with four Wednesday evenings and five Saturday sessions located at the Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N., Seattle, Wa 98103.
Applications are due Thursday, Feb 20. To find out more and to apply, visit http://www.tilthalliance.org/learn/mcss/mcsstraining