This month, we here at the Employee Assistance Program are looking to celebrate healthy eating as a major aspect of positive physical and mental health. Meal planning and healthy nutrition are so important, and even small changes can make a big difference. Finding alternatives to sugary drinks, switching to whole grains, eating leaner meats, and significantly upping your amount of fruits and vegetables can be life changing.
Check out the links to below to learn more.
- To start, we want to reintroduce the Boston Wellness Portal. If you haven’t already, this link will lead to an easy sign-up process, which will link you to many beneficial resources once you log in, including this page which links directly to recipes, and this page which links to an interactive meal planner! Be sure to explore the rest of the portal for workout routines, informational articles, challenges and contests, and more!
- The Boston Public Health Commission features helpful, nutrition-based tips.
- There’s a free nutrition education workshop for SNAP participants and their families focusing on healthy affordable eating.
- Harvard pilgrim offers this fun interview and tips from a Harvard Pilgrim health and wellness coach and a famous Boston Celtics athlete!
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers tons of helpful tip sheets, planning materials, games, and more to celebrate National Nutrition Month.
Have a safe and healthy March!
Contact Department: Human Resources
Publish Date: Mon, 03/02/2020 – 9:22pm