DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Malaysia
– Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband – Statistics and Analyses”
report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s
This report provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments
in Malaysia’s telecommunications market. The report analyses the
Telecoms Infrastructure, mobile, fixed broadband, Digital Media and
Digital Economy sectors.
With its widespread application of modern technologies such as fibre
optics, wireless transmission, digitalisation and satellite services,
Malaysia has built one of the more advanced telecom networks in the
The penetration of fixed lines in Malaysia continues to fall as the
mobile segment continues to expand and dominate the market, especially
the mobile broadband segment. The fixed-line market is predicted to
gradually decline over the next five years to 2023 as mobile and mobile
broadband penetration continue to increase.
It is predicted that 5G will be used widely in Malaysia by 2022-2023.
Ericsson has been collaborating with Universiti Teknologi Malaysia and
Celcom Axiata Bhd to conduct ground studies on the implementation of 5G.
- The penetration of fixed lines continues to fall as the mobile segment
continues to expand and dominate the market.
- The fixed line market is predicted to gradually decline over the next
five years to 2023.
- The Malaysian government released a National Internet of Things (IoT)
- It is predicted that 5G will be used widely in Malaysia by 2022-2023.
- Malaysia has seen a rapid increase in mobile broadband penetration
over the past six years.
- Slow growth in fixed broadband penetration is predicted for the next
five years to 2023.
- Malaysia announced a strategy to significantly increase the number of
its Wi-Fi hotspots.
- The government has released its Nationwide Fiberisation Plan (NFP).
- Alcatel Lucent
- Celcom Axiata
- Green Packet/Packet One Networks (P1)
- Maxis Communications
- Telekom Malaysia
- Time DotCom
- U Mobile
1. Key Statistics
2. Telecommunications Market
3. Regulatory Environment
4. Fixed Network Operators
5. Telecommunications Infrastructure
6. Broadband Market
7. Digital Economy
8. Digital Media
9. Mobile Communications
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/phnbcr/malaysia?w=4
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
and Networks, Broadband,