Learn about transportation in the region and help set future priorities at a public meeting at 6 p.m. July 23 at the North Central Texas Council of Governments office, 616 Six Flags Drive in Arlington.
The Regional Transportation Council and North Central Texas Council of Governments, together serving as the metropolitan planning organization for the Dallas-Fort Worth area since 1974, are seeking public input. Agenda items include:
- Regional 10-year plan update. In December 2016, the Regional Transportation Council approved a 10-year plan identifying major projects to be implemented in the region by fiscal year 2026. An updated draft of the project list and details on the project prioritization process will be presented for review and comment.
- Alternative fuel highway corridors. The Federal Highway Administration has started designating highway corridors for various alternative fuels. Staff will present the status of corridor designation in Texas, how NCTCOG is involved and what drivers can look for in the near future.
- Proposed modifications to the list of funded projects.
- AirCheckTexas Drive a Clean Machine.
- Regional Smoking Vehicle Program.
To request a free, roundtrip ride between NCTCOG and the Trinity Railway Express CentrePort/DFW Airport Station, contact Carli Baylor at least 72 hours before the meeting at 817-608-2365.
To learn more, contact NCTCOG’s Transportation Department or call 817-695-9240.