Saturday, October 3rd; Anytime between 9am – 3pm
Located at the Ogden Nature Center, 966 W. 12th Street, Ogden, Utah
??ª??What is it:
The Ogden Nature Center is hosting a friendly competition and fundraiser geared for people to join together to make a positive impact on the environment. This event encourages community members and groups to protect the fragile environment of the Ogden Nature Center by learning about invasive species, gaining plant identification skills and pulling invasive plants. Come out to the Ogden Nature Center and PULL TOGETHER.
How it Works:
1. Form a team and nominate a group leader
2. Fill out a group form at www.oncpullathon.weebly.com/sign-up-a-group-now.html
3. After receiving your group’s packet, distribute pledge forms to each group member.
4. Ask friends, family and colleagues to sponsor you for your pulling efforts.
5. Show up at the Ogden Nature Center on October 3rd anytime between 9 am – 3 pm to dig some weeds!
6. Gather sponsor pledges and return money to the Ogden Nature Center by October 13th.
Half of the money earned will go to your group and the other half will be put towards habitat restoration efforts at the Ogden Nature Center.
This is a great event for sport teams, scout troops, community groups, businesses, and clubs.
Why are we pulling?
Several invasive plants, such as Dyer’s Woad, Houndstongue, Burdock and many thistles, are taking over the native habitats at the Ogden Nature Center. These plants crowd out native grasses and wildflowers and provide little to no value to the birds and wildlife. Come help us remove these pesky invaders so we can protect the beautiful wildlife and environment at the ONC for everyone to enjoy!
11total visits,1visits today