POCATELLO – Idaho State University’s Homecoming 2016 “Strength in Stripes” will celebrate a variety of alumni eventsSept. 22-24, culminating with the Homecoming Parade at 9:30 a.m. and football game at 2:35 p.m. in Holt Arena on Sept. 24.
“Homecoming is always a special celebration,” said K.C. Felt, director of Alumni Relations. “Our award recipients are such a diverse and amazing group of alumni and friends that are supportive and committed to Idaho State, it is our honor to recognize them and include them in all our other activities. We have a full slate of events planned for alumni and friends and are anxious to welcome everyone back to our beautiful campus.”
Below is a listing of ISU Homecoming events sponsored by the ISU Office of Alumni Relations and the ISU Alumni Association.
Thursday, Sept. 22:
- 5-8 p.m. – Homecoming Kickoff and Pocatello Chamber Business After Hours celebration at Kulak Cross Fit, 4841 Clover Dell Road, Chubbuck. There is no admission fee, food will be provided, beverages will be available for purchase, unique raffle items will be available, games and prizes with a tailgate atmosphere. Everyone is welcome!
Friday, Sept. 23:
- 6 p.m. – President’s Alumni Recognition Reception/Dinner, ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom. Scheduled events include a reception at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and recognition of Alumni Award recipients at 8 p.m. Cost is $47.70 per person. Reservations are required for assigned seating. Contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Sept. 24:
- 9:30 a.m. – “Strength in Stripes” Homecoming Parade begins at the corner of South First Avenue and Center Street. Leading the parade this year as Parade Marshal will be the 1981 Championship football team. From the starting point, the parade will proceed up Center Street to South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive, where entries will turn right and continue to the official end at South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive and the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
- 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Pre-Game Alumni/F.A.T tailgate-east side of Holt Arena in the F.A.T pavilion. Join in the fun before the game.
- 2:35 p.m. – Homecoming football game vs. Sacramento State, Holt Arena. Homecoming award recipients recognition at halftime.
Photo cutline info: A scene from last year’s Homecoming Parade.
Released by Idaho State University September 6, 2016
Contact: Student Activities Board 208-282-3451
Idaho State University’s “Strength in Stripes” Week Long Student Activities begins Sept 19
POCATELLO – Idaho State University’s Student Activities Board “Strength in Stripes” will celebrate a variety of student events Sept. 19-24, concluding with the Homecoming football game at 2:35 p.m. in the Holt Arena on Sept 24.
The list of Homecoming student activities are listed below and more information is available atwww2.isu.edu/homecoming. A complete list of Alumni Homecoming events are found atwww2.isu.edu/alumni/events-current.shtml.
- Monday, Sept. 19:
5 p.m. – The Bengal Street Party will kick off Homecoming week on Martin Luther King Jr. Way in front of Reed’s gym. The event will feature food, music and games, followed by musical guest DNK at 8 p.m.The event is sponsored by ISU’s Activities Board in conjunction with the Kind Community. T-shirts will be given out to the 100 students starting at 7 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
- Tuesday, Sept. 20:
1-4 p.m. – A friendly match of Quidditch will be played at Cadet Field. Broomsticks are provided and T-shirts will be given to the first 50 students.
7 p.m. – Bengal Bingo in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. The event is free to students, $3 for faculty and staff the public is $5 per person.
- Wednesday, Sept 21:
Noon to 1 p.m. –The Bengal Bash, a fall sport pep rally to cheer on the ISU teams. Free tacos will be given to the first 200 students.
8 p.m. – Bonfire at the Holt Arena Parking Lot. Traditional homecoming bonfire event to celebrate with live entertainment, Bengal dancers, cheerleaders and DJ Juan Pablo. T-shirts will be given to the first 100 students.
- Thursday, Sept 22:
2:30 p.m. – The Amazing Race challenge will be held in the Involvement Center on the first floor of the Pond Student Union Building. The end goal is to find the spirit stick. Students will search for the clue envelopes to discover spirit filled challenges.
7 p.m. – The Homecoming Pageant will be held in Pond Student Union Ballroom. Free to students, $3 for faculty and staff, $5 for the public. Come support the Homecoming contestants showing their Bengal pride. Contestants will have three events to participate in. The first 50 students get T-shirts.
- Friday, Sept 23:
9-11:30 p.m. – Rendezvous Takeover students will meet in the Pond Student Union’s Quad Lounge for a Homecoming late night breakfast: Breakfast burritos will be served. The night will feature a mechanical bull, twister, karaoke, DJ and dance floor, Just Dance, a black light room, henna, balloon art and more. Students must be 18 or to participate and must sign a waiver.
Midnight — Students will hike to the pillars for the True Bengal event. When the student kisses a fellow Bengal at midnight they become a True Bengal. Fireworks will also be launched from the top of Red Hill. The first 150 students will be given an orange Chinese lantern to light their way.
- Saturday, Sept. 24:
9:30 a.m. – “Strength in Stripes” Homecoming Parade begins at the corner of South First Avenue and Center Street. Leading the parade this year as Parade Marshal will be the 1981 Championship football team. From the starting point, the parade will proceed up Center Street to South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive, where entries will turn right and continue to the official end at South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive and the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Pre-Game Alumni/F.A.T tailgate-east side of Holt Arena in the F.A.T pavilion. Join in the fun before the game.
2:35 p.m. – Homecoming football game vs. Sacramento State, Holt Arena. Homecoming award recipients’ recognition at halftime.
Advance tickets can be purchased at the Holt ticket office, by phone 282-FANS or onlinewww.idahostatetickets.com Family Fun Zone are available in advance but not game day 4 tickets $60. Tickets will go up on game day. Questions call 282-FANS
For more information contact Student Activities Board 208-282-3451.