Saturday, August 24, 2019, 9am – 12pm
Are you keen to learn how to promote your creative work, community group or not-for-profit organisation?
Join me to learn how to write a media release and tips and tricks on how to get your message out there.
The workshop will cover:
- news-worthy content
- how to write a media release
- selecting a usable photo
- writing the caption
- ideas on how to get your message out on social media
- the importance of preparing a brief biography
- choosing the right media outlet for your release
- story and angle ideas
- how news is selected
- the best way to get the editor's attention
As part of the workshop you'll receive a workbook and morning tea. No experience is required to participate in the workshop.
Location: Meeting Room 1 (Green)
Venue address: Sandgate Town Hall, Cliff and Seymour Streets, Sandgate
Venue: Sandgate Town Hall, Sandgate
Event type: Business, Workshops
Bookings: Bookings required. To book visit Eventbrite.