ORLANDO, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference & Exhibition — At a time when regulations are becoming increasingly complex and value-based care is the norm, a successful transition into the new era of healthcare begins with automation that ensures employee scheduling accuracy, mitigates compliance risk, and keeps staff engaged. Recognizing that this mix is needed to deliver high-quality, cost-effective care, healthcare organizations are turning to Kronos Incorporated to boost their human capital and workforce management strategies to increase employee engagement and operational efficiency.
- A long-standing Kronos customer, Northwell Health’s Cohen Children’s Medical Center, a nationally top-ranked pediatric care provider, has effectively measured employee engagement and the contributing factors that influence this engagement with Kronos. The Kronos employee scheduling solution with self-service functionality has helped build employee engagement for the organization by giving employees insight into decision making.
- After implementing a full suite of workforce management solutions from Kronos including workforce analytics, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH), flagship hospital of Robert Wood Johnson Health System, saved more than $10 million in operational costs by addressing staffing issues and increasing employee engagement. The improvements were accomplished by using the analytics solution to accurately staff each department. RWJUH also mandated that the “buy in” for the solution came from all employees and not just management, ensuring employee engagement at all levels.
- Leading brands in healthcare continue to invest in Kronos. For example, recently Southcoast Health selected Kronos to optimize how it manages its biggest asset – the workforce. Among its many recognitions and accolades, Southcoast Health is the recipient of the Healthgrades 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award, and has also been named among the top five percent in the nation for patient safety for three years in a row. This success is achieved by making strategic investments, improving clinical processes, and implementing new technologies.
- Beaumont Health, the largest healthcare system in Michigan in terms of inpatient admission and net patient revenue; Catholic Medical Center, an acute care hospital and one of the largest healthcare organizations in New Hampshire; The Nebraska Medical Center, a 621-bed acute care facility and the largest hospital in Nebraska; SUNY Downstate Medical Center, one of the nation’s leading urban medical centers, serving the people of Brooklyn, New York since 1860; University of Mississippi Medical Center, an academic health science center and one of the largest employers in Mississippi; and Wellmont Health System, a leading healthcare provider serving Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia are among 18,000+ post-acute and 3,500+ acute care healthcare organizations that use Kronos to engage and empower employees for best patient outcomes.
- Susan M. Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, chief nurse executive and director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“Healthcare organizations may wish for a crystal ball to juggle people management priorities including scheduling a complex workforce, while minimizing compliance risk and engaging the staff across all levels. At Kronos, we offer the next-best thing with a comprehensive solution that can help address these needs. We believe that great organizations are powered by great people and will continue to innovate to help our customers meet evolving demands, whether a new reporting requirement or the need for a single solution to manage the entire employee lifecycle from pre-hire to retire.”
- Kronos made this announcement from the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition being in held in Orlando Feb. 20-22. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #1061.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
Indrani Ray-Ghosal, +1 978-947-3042
(c)2017 Business Wire, Inc. – All rights reserved.