The global Hair Mask Market size is expected to reach USD 659.9 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.7% during the forecast period. Growing demand for hair nourishing products due to increasing concerns about the damaging effects of pollution, excessive heating tools, harsh shampoo, and ultraviolet sun rays, has been driving the product demand. In addition, rising demand from make population is expected to boost the market growth.
Thermal steam products led the global market in 2018, accounting for over 80% of the total revenue share. Majority of the salons and spas use these products as they provide deep nourishment. On the other hand, the steam-free product segment is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. These products have been gaining significant popularity in the individual application segment as they are easy to use and more economical than the steam products.
Sales through the offline channel held the largest market share in 2018. Hypermarkets, specialty stores, and convenience stores are among the widespread distribution channels in the world. However, the online channel is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 8.5% from 2019 to 2025. Rising penetration of smartphones is driving the growth of e-commerce in this industry. Key online retails of the beauty industry include Sephora, allbeauty, Lookfantastic, Feelunique, LoveLula, Myshowcase, Cult Beauty, and Beauty Bay.
Asia Pacific is projected to register the fastest CAGR of more than 7% from 2019 to 2025. Rising number of salons in developing countries including China, Malaysia, and India among others is expected to boost the regional market growth.
The key competitors in the hair mask market include L’Oréal S.A.; Coty Inc.; Unilever; Henkel AG & Co. KGaA; Revlon, Inc.; Kao Corporation; Shiseido Co., Ltd.; The Procter & Gamble Company; Eva NYC; OLAPLEX; and Arvazallia. New product developments are expected to remain one of the key strategies among the market participants in near future.
Browse Details of Report @
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Steam-free productsegment is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period due to growing demand for convenient products that can be used at home
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of more than 7% from 2019 to 2025 owing to the rising spending on personal care products in developing countries such as China, India, and Malaysia
- In terms of application, the commercial segment held the largest market share of more than 70% in 2018
- Thermal steam products led the global hair mask market owing to the their predominant consumption in salons and spas
- Online distribution channel is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 8.5% from 2019 to 2025