The global bread market was at USD 201 billion in 2017 and is expected to register a stable growth rate during the forecast period. Europe continues to dominate the market with a high per capita bread consumption. The global bread sale has surpassed 83,000 million Kg in 2017, registering a volume CAGR of 1.2%, during the forecast period. The consumption of bread has observed a stable growth during the past five year.
Change in consumer preference for bread consumption and inclination towards healthier products are the primary factor affecting the market. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing market driven by changing lifestyle and increased consumer taste for nutritional bread. Consumers demand for new varieties of bread and rolls from different region and culture are accelerating the bread market growth.
Get Sample Copy Of This Report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/2128393
Functional and Clean label On Rise
The demand for functional ingredients in bakery products are rising owing to its nutritional benefits. Bread being a staple food that constitutes major part of daily diet, has catered more functional demand. New low carb, high fiber, multigrain and fortified breads that appeal to health-conscious consumers have triggered the market growth. In addition to functional health benefits, incorporating natural ingredients, such as natural preservatives, antioxidants, and enzymes in bread are on rise. Companies have focused on organic and natural products launch to sustain market competition as many small players with innovative products. About 56% of the global consumers are looking for “no artificial preservatives or additives” products. Companies are targeting to replace shortenings and fat with Omega-9, Omega 3, which improves the fatty acid profile and support performance. Cholesterol reduction, weight management, high protein, and sugar control are the key consumer trend. New products focus on millet grains, exotic grains, and functional grain, such as quinoa, oats in bread has achieved a great success in recent year. Modern bread has introduced multigrain supersede bread enriched with Omega 3 and dietary fiber in 2017 to meet the increasingly demand from health-conscious consumer.
Europe dominate the Market
European bread and roll market accounts for over 45% of the global consumption by volume. However, the market is expected to decline over the forecast period due to consumer shift to healthier alternatives. Spain is the largest market which surpass a volume consumption of 4463 million Kg in 2015 which is expected to reach 4495 million Kg by 2023. Organic, natural, and health claim on bread are the key trend in the region. Increased aging population that are seeking for healthier bakery products has supported the market growth. Rising consumer preference for value added, ethnic, fresh, and artisanal breads are the primary factor driving sales. Bread with olives, nuts, seeds, and exotic ingredients are on high demand owing to health conscious consumer. Increased competition from artisanal, food service offering varieties of fresh bread have affected the packaged bread sale.
Artisanal baked goods are more popular in Italy and France compared to other European countries. Bread Loaves holds the dominant share in the market with a volume share of 20% followed by rolls and Sandwich Slices. Loaves has observed a slow growth rate overall in Europe due to high calorie content. However, loaves is the biggest category which observed a downfall from past five years is continue to decline in UK and Italy. Frozen bread sale continue to benefit from the strong demand in Germany, France, and Poland.
• December 2017 – Rudi’swhich, a leading supplier of certified organic bread in US launched new gluten-free sandwich bread under its gluten-free bakery brand made with honey
• October 2017 – Schar, which is the fastest growing leading Gluten-free bakery brand launched Schar Deli style seeded loaf which is made up of five grains and seeds including rice, buckwheat, linseed, sunflower and chia seeds
• May 2017 – Grupo Bimbo S.A.B. de C.V. acquired major stake of USD 50 million in Harvest Gold as a strategy to inter into Indian bakery market. Grupo Bimbo S.A.B. de C.V. acquired East Balt Bakeries for an amount of USD 650 million, to expand into food-service market
The global bread market is highly fragmented with large number of domestic and multinational player competing for market share. Companies focusing on new product launch with healthier ingredients/organic claim as their key marketing strategy. Increased private label brands are possessing tough competition to the existing players.
Major players include – DAN CAKE, BARILLA GROUP , GRUPO BIMBO, S.A.B. DE C.V., ASSOCIATED BRITISH FOODS PLC, ALMARAI, CAMPBELLS SOUP COMPANY, PREMIER FOODS GROUP LIMITED, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
• Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
• Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
• Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
• Market value (USD Million) and volume (Kg Million) data for each segment and sub segment
• Distribution Channel sales Analysis by Value
• Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new product launch and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
• Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
• 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
• This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
Else place an Inquire before Purchase@ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/enquiry-before-buying/2128393
About Orbis Research
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors accross the globe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.