The global baby wipes market is currently growing at a positive rate. The major factors driving the market include product innovations, increasing health concerns among the consumers, inflating per capita income and rising standards of living.
Baby wipes are disposable pieces of cloth which are used for cleaning and wiping the skin of an infant. An infant’s skin is sensitive, and prone to irritation and rashes, owing to this baby wipes are clinically tested and approved for their anti-septic, gentle and effective characteristics. Moist with a mild cleansing solution, the baby wipes can be easily dispensed when the requirement arises. In comparison to the traditional means of cleansing a baby, baby wipes are convenient, effective and easy to use. A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Baby Wipes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, estimates that the market reached a value of US$ 4 Billion in 2017.The report further anticipates the market to cross US$ 5 Billion by 2023, at a projected CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period.
Want more information about this market? Request a free report sample
- Rising awareness about health and hygiene among consumers for their infants, and the consistent growth of women employment rate in the developing nations have bolstered the demand for baby care products which are travel-friendly and convenient to use. This acts as a major growth-inducing factor.
- Moreover, attractive product packaging, aggressive marketing techniques and product innovation from manufacturers so as to suffice demands of the parents are expanding the consumer-base of the global baby wipes market growth.
- Further, some of the other factors such as surging population, inflating incomes, improving standards of living and a strong demand from emerging markets such as India and China, have also been proactive in maintaining the demand for baby wipes.
- However, there are several factors that hamper the market growth. Baby wipes are not environment-friendly as most of them are made up of plastic fibres which are not biodegradable.
Market Breakup by Technology:
Technology-wise, the market is segmented as spunlace, airlaid, coform, needlepunch, composite and others. Amongst these, spunlace exhibits a clear dominance in the market with the biggest share.
Product Type Insights:
On the basis of type, baby wipes market is segregated as dry wipes and wet wipes. Currently, dry wipes are the most popular type of baby wipes, accounting for the majority of the share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
Based on distribution channel, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest segment as they offer convenience to the consumers. They are followed by pharmacies, convenience stores and online retailers.
On a geographical front, North America enjoys a leading position in the global baby wipes market. North America is followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America
The market is fragmented with the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete in terms of prices and quality. There is an intense competition in the market which makes it difficult for small players to survive. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Procter & Gamble
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Unicharm Corporation
Browse related reports:
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal