Often when we visit Florida, we only think of the beaches. There are great beaches surrounding Florida, from the Panama coast on the eastern peninsula of Florida to the Atlantic coast near Jacksonville, the beaches are amazing. However, there is culture and adventure to go along with your trip to Florida.
Here are Some Great Ways to Discover Florida.
# 1. Fun and Adventure
With over 34 million visitors each year, Orlando is the undisputed theme park capital of the world. But if you are after more fun and adventure after visiting the theme parks at Disneyworld, Universal Orlando Resort and Seaworld, you should try the sensational Busch Gardens in Tampa, the world famous Daytona International Speedway and exploring the Everglades national park.
Don??ª?t Miss a Visit to Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral on Florida??ª?s ??ª??Space Coast??ª? is the only place in the West where people were launched into space. You need to check out the museum and watch the movies of shuttle launches.
Don??ª?t Miss Florida??ª?s largest and fastest roller coaster??ª??
Is Busch Gardens, Tampa
Prepare for the thrill of your life on Sheikra, Florida??ª?s tallest roller coaster and the world??ª?s tallest dive coaster ??ª?? 70 mph of pure adrenaline-pumping excitement. Travel 200 feet up and then plunge to the depths of an underground tunnel, with water!
Don??ª?t Miss Bush Gardens Zoo??ª??
With over 2600 animals, the zoo at Busch Gardens is one of America??ª?s top zoos
# 2. Culture
Look beyond the more obvious tourist attractions and you will be surprised at what you find.
There is an abundance of architecture, museums, forts, art galleries.
Don??ª?t Miss Historic Wrecks??ª??
Pensacola has fascinating wrecks to explore. This includes the 500-foot World War 1 battleship USS Massachusetts, the Russian freighter San Pablo and an A-7 Corsair aircraft that fell off the deck of the USS Lexington.
Don??ª?t Miss Art Deco Buildings??ª??
Take a stroll down Ocean Drive, Miami, and enjoy South Beach??ª?s Art deco buildings. Painted pink, lavender and turquoise, they line the palm-fringed walkway.
Don??ª?t Miss a Driving Tour??ª??
If you have a car whilst visiting Miami, do yourself a favour, and take a driving tour of Coral gables. Coral Gables Driving Tour isn??ª?t just one of the country??ª?s richest neighborhoods, it??ª?s a separate city within Greater Miami. Known as ??ª??The City Beautiful??ª? for good reason, its elegant homes line winding avenues shaded by banyans and live oaks. This driving tour winds its way along the lush peaceful lanes and is both relaxing and cultural.
Along the tour are these beautiful sights:
1. The Granada Entrance ??ª?? a replica of the gate to Granada in Spain.
2. The Country Club Prado Entrance ??ª?? complete with ornamental pillars.
3. Alhambra water Tower ??ª?? built in 1925.
4. Coral Way ??ª?? lined by live oaks and Spanish-style houses.
5. Venetian Pool ??ª?? a beautiful public swimming pool.
6. Coral Gables Congregational Church ??ª?? built in Spanish Baroque style.
7. Biltmore Hotel ??ª?? one of the most stunning hotels in the country, beautifully restored to its 1920s century grandeur.
8. The Lowe Art Museum ??ª?? contains European and Native American Art.
9. French City Village ??ª?? one of several international villages built to add variety to the city.
10. Dutch South African Village.
11. French Country Village.
12. Chinese Village.
13. French Normandy Village.
14. Coral Gables City Hall
15. Miracle Mile ??ª?? the district??ª?s most important shopping street.
Other Bits of Culture:
– Hemingway??ª?s House in Key West, where the novelist lived from 1931-1940.
– Little Havana in Miami ??ª?? 3.5 square miles of Cuban culture and life.
– The Ringling Museum of Art and Ringling Museum (Sarasota).
– Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island ??ª?? a charming Victorian resort.
– Salvador Dali Museum, St Petersburg.
Where To Stay
Choose your home away from home. If you are after home comforts, fully equipped Orlando and Gulf Coast homes can be rented directed from the owners at www.milkriver.co.uk. They have their own separate pools and are set in private communities and offer you and your family the freedom to do what you want and the space to do it in.