St. Louis, Missouri…Nominations are still open for the Open Door Awards to celebrate those who show extraordinary efforts to open doors of opportunity and create welcoming communities for people with disabilities. Starkloff Disability Institute will recognize individuals, organizations, and initiatives that make a significant impact on the lives of people with disabilities.
Has your company made extraordinary efforts to welcome people with disabilities into the workforce? Do you want to recognize the leadership of a disability advocate? Would you like to nominate your favorite inclusive place to visit? Has an individual or organization helped you understand disability in a more meaningful way?
Nominate someone you feel deserves to be recognized for their efforts. Nomination form can be found online at www.ada25stl.org. The nomination deadline is Friday, August 28 at 5 p.m.
The Open Door Awards will be presented on stage at ADA 25 STL on Saturday, October 3, 2015 on the grounds of the Missouri History Museum. Please join the entire disability community as we celebrate the anniversary of this landmark legislation for people with disabilities.
This year, awards will be presented in the following categories:
· Leadership in Hiring – Recognizes those who actively hire and promote people with disabilities.
· Recruitment and Outreach – Recognizes recruitment and community outreach efforts to put people with disabilities into the workforce.
· Fostering Understanding – Recognizes efforts to spread understanding of disability and inclusion.
· Advancing Public Policy – Recognizes the efforts to create positive change for people with disabilities through public policy.
· Creating Inclusive Spaces – Recognizes efforts to design and build spaces where people with disabilities are welcome and comfortable.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, August 28, 2015.
ADA 25 STL is the St. Louis contribution to the national celebration. Organized by Starkloff Disability Institute, ADA 25 STL is presented by Centene Corporation and in partnership with the Missouri History Museum and the disability community in the St. Louis Region. The celebration will be held on October 3rd from 10am – 4pm in Forest Park and will feature the Disability Rights Museum on Wheels, ADA Legacy Tour Freedom Bus, vendors, live music, food trucks and fun for the family. . More information is available at www.ada25stl.org or call Lori Becker at 314-588-7090.