Fort Worth’s population is 854,113, according to new U.S. Census Bureau estimates. That makes Cowtown the 16th largest city in the country, with 12,062 more residents than Charlotte, N.C., as of July 1, 2016.
Fort Worth’s ranking has remained consistent at 16th since 2010, except for one year when Fort Worth ranked 17th.
While Fort Worth added more than 109,140 people since the 2010 Census base estimate, Austin is the fastest growing large city (more than 500,000 population), having added just over 136,845 people.
Other Texas cities in the top 20:
- Houston, at No. 4, has 2,303,482 residents.
- San Antonio, at No. 7, has 1,492,510 residents.
- Dallas, at No. 9, has 1,317,929 residents.
- Austin, at No. 11, has 947,890 residents.
- El Paso, at No. 20, has 693,080 residents.