Twenty-five entrepreneurs and small businesses entered the Fort Worth Business Plan Competition in June, but only three will move on to the final round.
The top 10 Business Plan Competition participants will “pitch” their business plan to a team of judges during Pitch Night at 6 p.m. Oct. 11 at the Moncrief Cancer Institute at UT Southwestern, 400 W. Magnolia Ave. The public is welcome to attend the event, and can RSVP online.
Following Pitch Night, three of the 10 competitors will move on to the Fort Worth Business Plan Finals on Oct. 25.
Small businesses and entrepreneurs participating in Pitch Night:
- Aspen Tyke Traveler, a developer of innovative, supportive bag and packing systems that help prepare new parents for on-the-go adventures with young children.
- Cache, a mobile app that allows consumers direct access to purchase wholesale tax foreclosure properties from anywhere in the world, with no experience in real estate required.
- DroneAlytics LLC, a company that uses machine intelligence and unmanned aerial vehicles – also known as drones – to help businesses make smarter decisions around safety and efficiency while decreasing costs.
- Funky Picnic Brewery Café, a community brewery that offers house-made beer and artisan sandwiches in a comfortable setting with a laid-back, community-driven atmosphere.
- Kristen Soble LLC, a creative business that specializes in bringing clients’ visions to life through art and design.
- Locavore, an all-inclusive resource for foodie entrepreneurs looking to affordably scale up their business, including a commercial kitchen and event venue for rent.
- Panther Ballistic, a company focused on the development and manufacture of personal protection systems for defense in active shooter situations, including the Panther wall, a patent-pending ballistic protection device.
- RxAnytime LLC, a company that provides automated self-service to customers that help them take advantage of the 24-hour availability of pharmacist-filled prescriptions in pharmacies of all sizes.
- Signature Cuffs LLC, a company whose removable, tailored French cuffs provide customers with a simple and easy way to stay chic in any fashion setting.
- Tremmedics Medical Devices LLC, a company that designs and develops implantable medical devices that safely degrade in the body, including a patented, bioresorbable stent.