The first CHIP Quarterly Report includes work undertaken in October – December, 2018 and highlights the great work being done by the CHIP Action Teams on the four areas of our plan:
- violence prevention,
- access to healthcare, and
- safe and affordable housing
Some major initiatives underway last quarter include:
- A 40-hour training on Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) hosted by the Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) aimed to ensure violence prevention is a consideration as Wyandotte County continues to modify and improve its built environment.
- New building space under contract with a Start Young child care provider partner to open 77 spaces in 2019
- A grant secured from Health Forward Foundation to fund staff at the Livable Neighborhoods Task Force to support the Housing Committee.
- An asset map created that includes all health-care-related education, employment and community organizations in the county.
You can view the quarterly report, along with the contents of the plan and the initiatives being undertaken by our teams, on our Community Health Dashboard.