The Downtown Plano Arts District will host Dickens 2017, one of North Texas’ premier traditional holiday celebrations, on Friday, December 1st. Some of the highlights include snow tubing slides, an Ice Fight Stage, where ice sculptors compete for applause, horse-drawn carriage rides and the annual tree lighting ceremony at Haggard Park. It’s an event your readers, viewers and listeners won’t want to miss. The celebration begins at 5:00 P.M. The tree lighting begins at 7:00 P.M. with Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere.
Dickens 2017 features great entertainment on four stages:
- Community Stage – featuring PSHS choir, Pogue Entertainment, Plano Children’s Theater, Clark HS Choir, Meadow Jazz Orchestra
- Saigling Stage – featuring 15th Street Singers. Fenton Hip Hop dancers, Williams HS, Jaxon Mueller
- Ice Fight Stage – 7:30-8:15p
- MCall Plaza – featuring Nick McLean Jazztet followed by the Acoustic Kleptos
And for the first time ever, Dickens 2017 will feature a Holiday Car Show on 15th street presented by the DFW Camaro Club. Who will revelers choose as the best holiday decorated car?
Add food vendors, booths and downtown Plano’s amazing shops and restaurants and you’ve got the perfect recipe for fun. See you there!
Get Weekly Updates
- Your information is safe with us
84total visits,5visits today