Adults with diabetes, their family members and friends are invited to attend a series of free Aging Partners workshops from 2 to 4 p.m. Mondays from July 9 through August 16 in Seward. The six-week Diabetes Self-Management Workshop will be held at the Seward Civic Center, 616 Bradford St.
The workshop is free, but a suggested contribution of $4 per class is appreciated. Preregistration is required by calling 402-761-3593, and class size is limited. The following topics will be discussed:
· Determining what to eat and when to exercise
· Monitoring blood sugar
· Caring for feet
· Communicating with family and health care providers
· Managing low and high blood sugar
· Dealing with stress and learning relaxation techniques
· Setting small and achievable goals
· Increasing self-confidence
· Feeling better and taking charge
More information on Aging Partners is available at aging.lincoln.ne.gov.