[delay +1 hour]
Please be advised, the City of Dallas – Office of Special Events has issued a special event permit for State Fair of Texas Opening Day Parade on Friday, September 28. The parade starts at noon. Projected attendance is 19,900 people. Road closures related to this special event will impact downtown Dallas.
The following streets will be closed to traffic from 11:30 a.m. until the parade concludes:
- Main Street – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Good Latimer Expressway
The following streets are closed to traffic for parade assembly from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- South Houston Street – All lanes closed from Elm Street to Young Street
- South Market Street – All lanes closed from Jackson Street to Young Street
- Record Street – All lanes closed from Jackson Street to Young Street
- Jackson Street – All lanes closed from South Lamar Street to South Houston Street
- Wood Street – All Lanes closed from Lamar Street to South Houston Street
- Hotel Street – All lanes closed from North Drive to Memorial Drive
Please note, parking is prohibited on Main Street from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Lisa Boubel at 214-421-8737. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at specialevents or by calling 214-939-2701.