Please be advised, the City of Dallas – Office of Special Events has issued a special event permit for Dallas Walk to End Alzheimer’s on Saturday, October 7. The walk starts at 8:30 a.m. at Dallas City Hall Plaza. Projected attendance is 10,000 people.
Road closures related to this special event will impact traffic around Dallas City Hall, Deep Ellum and surrounding downtown areas.
The following streets will be closed to traffic intermittently on Saturday morning, October 7 beginning at 8:20 a.m.:
- Akard Street – All northbound lanes closed between Cadiz Street and Young Street starting at 7 a.m.
- Young Street – All eastbound lanes closed between Akard Street to Ervay Street
- Young Street – All lanes closed form Ervay Street to Cesar Chavez Boulevard
- Cesar Chavez Boulevard – All southbound lanes closed between Canton Street to Jackson Street
- Cesar Chavez Boulevard – All lanes closed from Jackson Street to Main Street
- Canton Street – All lanes closed between Cesar Chavez Boulevard and Malcom X Boulevard
- Malcom X Boulevard – All lanes closed from Canton Street to Main Street
- Main Street – All lanes closed from Malcom X Boulevard to Paul Street
- Paul Street – All lanes closed from Main Street to Young Street
- Young Street – All southbound lanes closed from St. Paul Street to Marilla Street
- All streets will be completely clear by 11 a.m.
Please note parking is prohibited along all streets listed above on Saturday, October 7 from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Please refer to the route map below and plan travel accordingly. If you have any questions or for more information, please contact Chikeenia Simmons at (231) 571-7827 or (817) 938-4166. Additionally, you may contact the Office of Special Events (Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) at [email protected]