Dallas Love Field has embraced social distancing and safe interactions in all aspects of the travel experience to maintain a welcoming environment when people choose to travel again.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and while others stayed home to help flatten the curve, Love Field has been open as a Federal Aviation Administration-declared essential business. Employees of the airport and its tenants have continued working to ensure the airport remains operational.
As customers are ready to return to traveling, DAL has taken steps to ensure the airport is safe and #LOVEready. Like other changes in normally routine activities, customers will find a different experience in many ways within the terminal.
DAL Steps to Stop the Spread
- Social distancing spacers on floor at TSA checkpoint, elevators, gates and concessions
- Masks or facial coverings suggested in the terminal and required to board an aircraft for passengers 2 years and older
- Masks and bottles of sanitizer for sale in terminal retail shops
- Closed restaurants and shops based on demand
- Disposable menus and condiments by request only
- Plexiglass dividers at information booths, gate agent counters and concessions
- Limited seating in restaurants and in concessions village area
- Daily temperature checks of airport employees
Along with the above measures, DAL’s custodial staff has engaged in enhanced cleaning procedures and continual disinfecting of touch surfaces and high-traffic areas. These procedures include sanitizing with a handheld sprayer and antibacterial wiping of tables, chairs and handrails.
DAL Travel Tips for Safety and Ease of Travel
- Wear a mask or face covering for the duration of your trip
- Maintain a distance of at least six feet from others at all times
- Limited opening and distancing at TSA checkpoint can lead to longer lines
- Utilize complimentary hand sanitizer and wipes for touch surfaces
We’re here, we’ve taken steps for your safety and we’re #LOVEready!