A day of baseball, fun and safety preparedness
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management, El Paso County Office of Emergency Management, UCHealth along with AMR invites residents to participate in “Community Emergency Preparedness Day” at Sky Sox Stadium June 3. The gates will open at 12 p.m., and the game starts at 1 p.m.
Post-game activities will allow families to learn about emergency preparedness through interactive demonstrations such as a 911 mobile classroom, electrical and natural gas safety demonstrations, Police and Fire Department displays and an E-911 emergency notification registry. Game ball delivered by UCHealth’s new medical helicopter “LifeLine”.
Families can also participate in a scavenger hunt to win SkySox tickets, interact with and get autographs from Sky Sox players and learn useful safety information for the whole family.
“The most important steps citizens and businesses can take to lessen the effects of a disaster are to, “Get Prepared, Get Trained, and Get Involved,”said Bret Waters, Colorado Springs emergency management director.
Many first response and/or emergency preparedness partners from the community will be on-hand to highlight community preparedness.
· Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES)
· American Medical Response (AMR)
· Colorado Springs Fire Department
· Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
· Colorado Springs Police Department
· Colorado Springs Utilities
· El Paso County Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
· El Paso County Public Health
· El Paso County Search and Rescue
· El Paso County Sheriff’s Office
· El Paso – Teller County 9-1-1 Authority
· Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region
· The Independence Center
· Medical Reserve Corps of El Paso County
· UCHealth “LifeLine” Medical Helicopter
· American Red Cross of the Pikes Peak Region
· United Way 2-1-1
For ticket information, call (719) 591-SOXX (7699) or visit www.skysox.com. Follow us on Twitter #SkySoxPrepDay on game day for highlights from the event.