Across the region on June 22, North Texans will do something extra to reduce ozone-causing pollution as part of the ninth annual Clean Air Action Day.
Air North Texas, the regional clean air campaign, is sponsoring a social media contest to encourage residents to share their clean air action. Residents simply post about their clean air actions on June 22 with the hashtag #CAAD2018 to be entered into a drawing for prizes.
Individuals can participate by pledging to implement at least one clean-air action that they do not normally do. Here is a list of clean-air choices you can make on June 22:
- Carpool or vanpool.
- Use mass transit.
- Bike or walk.
- Combine trips or drive less.
- Report smoking, polluting vehicles.
- Avoid idling.
- Confirm you are up to date on regular vehicle maintenance and state emissions and safety inspection.
- Consider an electric or other alternative-fuel lawn mower.
- Switch to compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Pursue energy-efficient home improvement projects.
- Use a vehicle-approved biofuel in your car.
- Buy local or at places where less driving is required.
- Encourage someone else to make clean-air choices on June 22.
Learn more about how you can help improve air quality and view a list of activities around the region.