Food and drink service areas, shade areas, new lighting among features
Yuma, Ariz. – Residents and visitors looking for a place to hold a special event that takes advantages of Yuma’s fall, winter and spring weather are invited to consider the newly improved Sunset Terrace at the Yuma Civic Center.
Built under a Capital Improvement Project using development fees that were approaching expiration, the City unveiled the improved Sunset Terrace in conjunction with the kickoff meeting for the American Cancer Society’s local Relay for Life on Wednesday.
The Yuma County Chamber of Commerce assisted with the ribbon cutting, in which members of the Yuma City Council attended along with local business owners.
Highlights of project include the following:
• Overhead structures for lighting and decorations.
• Permanent food service areas with access to electricity for food warmers.
• Permanent bar area with a hand washing station.
• Lighting upgrades to LED technology.
• A raised ‘head table’ area with an overhead structure for lighting and decorations.
• A raised platform for ceremony / speaker / band / DJ
• A raised platform for display of gifts, cake etc.
• All new raised areas are ADA accessible.
To visit the Sunset Terrace or book it for an event, call the Yuma Civic Center at 928-373-5040.