NEW ORLEANS — On Thursday July 26, 2018, the City of New Orleans, Department of Public Works will hold its second abandoned vehicle auction of this year. The auction will begin at 9 a.m. at the Almonaster Auto Pound located at 10200 Almonaster Avenue, New Orleans, LA, 70127. Since May 2010, the City of New Orleans has held 33 vehicle auctions, selling 3,100 abandoned cars and contributing more than $2 million to the City’s General Fund.
The auction on Thursday will have 150 vehicles for sale, all of which have been discarded on neighborhood streets or left unclaimed by residents with excessive parking fines and fees. Individuals interested in purchasing a car are encouraged to pre-register and to arrive early as many cars sell within the first few minutes of the auction.
The vehicle preview and buyer registration day is tomorrow, Wednesday July 25, 2018 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Almonaster Auto Pound. No one will be admitted after 2:30 p.m. for security reasons. All persons must be over the age of 18 to register, and there is a $50 cash deposit required to register for the auction. Prospective buyers can also register on auction day beginning at 8 am.
All prospective buyers must register before viewing and pay the $50 cash registration deposit. The fee is applied to any purchase made or refunded if no purchase is made. There is a $25 notary fee, per vehicle, added to purchaser’s invoice at time of payment, which yields a notarized bill of sale and title, that the buyer will use to transfer vehicle(s) into their name.
Servcorp International, Inc., located at 101 Magnolia Street, Slidell, LA, 70460, is the State of Louisiana’s licensed, authorized dealer and conducts auctions for all City of New Orleans equipment.
- All vehicle information is currently on Servcorp International, Inc.site, www.servcorpii.com. Per the terms of the contract, the available vehicle list includes the VIN, make, model and lien holder information. Any auction-related questions should be directed to Servcorp, International Inc. at (985) 847-1242.
- Prior to the auction, before the vehicles are added to the auction list, attempts are made to contact the vehicle’s owner or lien holder. Vehicle owners or lien holders that pay all fines and fees are able to retrieve their vehicles prior to the auction.
Purchasing a vehicle
- Cash or cashier’s check required.
- Payment must be received on the day of the auction. If payment is not received, the purchased vehicle will be placed on the list for the next scheduled auction, the buyer’s $50 deposit will be forfeited and the bidder will be barred from participation in future auctions.
- A $50 administrative fee will be added for each purchased vehicle, giving the buyer a notarized title to that vehicle.
- City employees and relatives of City employees are forbidden from purchasing any vehicles at the auction.
- For more information, visit the ServCorp International, Inc. web site at www.servcorpii.com.