Six Concerts Will Be Held In City Parks
The city of Las Vegas launches “Concerts in the Park” this fall. Six concerts will be held at city parks throughout September, October, November and December. All concerts are free and open to the public.
“The entire community is invited to come out and enjoy great music as the weather cools and we head into fall,” Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman said. “The city has beautiful parks and we want everyone to come out and discover the arts.”
All concerts start at 7 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Sept. 3: Laura Shaffer at Bob Baskin Park, 2801 W. Oakey Blvd.
- Saturday, Sept. 18: Mobility in celebration of the United States Air Force’s 74 birthday at Centennial Hills Amphitheatre, 7101 N. Buffalo Drive.
- Friday, Oct. 15: Chadwick Johnson at Sammy Davis Jr. Festival Plaza in Lorenzi Park, 720 Twin Lakes Drive.
- Saturday, Oct. 30: The Macro-Fi Halloween Block party at Third Street, between Hoover and Gass avenues.
- Saturday, Nov. 13: Cover Lane featuring Carnell “Golden Pipes” Johnson and Lynnae Meyers at Trigono Hills Park, 3805 Cliff Shadows Parkway.
- Saturday, Dec. 4: Jazzy Christmas featuring Jazzmin Vocal Band at Bruce Trent Park, 8851 Vegas Drive
Guests are encouraged to bring low-back chairs and blankets. Food and beverage will be available for purchase.